What are your favorite WLS-friendly snacks and/or lunches?!?!?!?!

Kiya95
on 1/23/12 9:43 pm - MD
In need of fun new ideas for snacks... Find myself eating the wrong things when I indulge in my two snacks per day. How do you crave your hunger? What are your favorite easy weight loss surgery friendly snacks? Both sweet and salty? What are your "go to" easy lunches? 
Don't read and not respond friends! I need you help!!!! Lol

Thanks,
Kiya

Cleopatra_Nik
on 1/23/12 9:48 pm - Baltimore, MD
Well, my answers can be easily found and seen on www.bariatricfoodie.com, but I'll give a bit more of a specific answer:

Sweet Snacks:

Nonfat Greek yogurt w/ 1 tbsp sugar-free chocolate sauce and 1 tbsp powdered peanuts
Cocoa Dusted almonds 
Click protein drink, hot, without any additional protein
Salted Caramel Hot Cocoa with whippage (either with or without added protein)
Fiber One by the handful

Salty:

Lunch meat roll up w/ dijon mustard inside
Sour Cream & Onion soy crisps
Wasabi roasted peas
Salted roasted edamame

Go-to lunches:

Taco casserole
Curried Tilapia Stew
Click Frapp (when I'm not feeling food for lunch)

And my all-time, ANYTIME go to: Eggs (usually egg whites scrambled with some type of meat and veggies)

RNY Gastric Bypass 1-8-08 350/327/200 (HW/SW/CW). I spend most of my time playing with my food over at Bariatric Foodie - check me out!

Kiya95
on 1/23/12 9:57 pm - MD
Thanks Nik!!!! Knew I could count on you for some great ideas! Will add these quick ideas to my planner!

Kiya
Jamie B.
on 1/23/12 10:05 pm - MI
If you have a fridge at work, I make a big bowl of bean salad, or chicken salad, or tuna salad...and leave it at work. I use a small (cup size bowl) to eat from every day. The bean salads can be different, I make mexican, italian....

For the REALLY lazy times, I have almonds measured out into snack baggies (keep them in my desk). Half a protein bar or Metamucil fiber wafers (I can always use the extra fiber!).

My saving grace has been Extend Bars. They do not taste great, although you get more "used" to them as you eat them. They really do keep you from being hungry. They were recommended by my docs office (expensive at my clinic, but cheaper on Amazon). They keep your blood sugar levels even and work great for me.

Good luck & stay strong!!! 
Jamie        
Cleopatra_Nik
on 1/23/12 10:07 pm - Baltimore, MD
Bean salad at work...you are a BRAVE woman! Or do beans not do to you what they do to me?

My kids love beans but an hour later, they are cursing me for eating them!

RNY Gastric Bypass 1-8-08 350/327/200 (HW/SW/CW). I spend most of my time playing with my food over at Bariatric Foodie - check me out!

Jamie B.
on 1/23/12 10:15 pm - MI

LOL!!  I told my hubby...not sure what part of the re-organized organs caused the flip....but beans do NOT cause gas for me....however...sugar alcohols/artifical sweetners do!! I can't drink crystal light at work....but I can eat all the beans I want!   I have no idea why...but I'm glad, cause I love some bean salad! 

Jamie        
extendnutrition
on 2/15/12 11:00 pm - MO
 Hey Jamie!!  Thanks for mentioning our products!  We're so glad that Extend Nutrition products have helped you on your journey.

Here's my recipe suggestion... Try mixing some cottage cheese, strained Tuna, Ro-Tel tomatoes, a tiny bit of salsa and maybe some cumin and red pepper flakes.  It's a delicious, high-protein, low-fat and low-carb treat that will keep you full for a good while!
Keeves
on 1/23/12 10:22 pm - Elizabeth, NJ
Cheese sticks. I keep a bunch in the fridge at work, but then I put one in my pocket to warm up to nice tasty temperature.

Michelle V.
on 1/23/12 10:29 pm - Livonia, MI
Cheese sticks sometimes with Special K wheat crackers, Turkey slices, pumpkin protein muffins, chili.

grmadeb01
on 1/23/12 11:01 pm - FL
pizza chipa..take your favorite pizza toppings, i make mine with italian sausage crumbles, beef crumbles, ham, onion, i chopped this all up pretty small...add in some italian seasoning, garlic, orgeano, and stir it all up,and of course any and all type of cheeses... then place globs of this on parchment papter and melt, we like them a little crispy around the edges..my hubby likes to dip them in pizza sauce...its pizza with out the crust...jus****ch the seasonings as the last time i used too much..i dont measure so i need to do that....use just what ever toppings you like with the different cheezes...i use mozz, pizza cheese in a bag, colby, cheddar, parm, just what ever i have in the house...i have even had then cold as a snack the next morning, just like cold pizza if you like that..
have a great day
debby
Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 541 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 526 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 414 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 292 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?