UPDATE to earlier post "less than 24 hrs til surgery and the nerves have set...

hopes42morrow
on 1/24/12 1:47 pm - OH
RNY on 01/25/12
On January 24, 2012 at 8:06 AM Pacific Time, hopes42morrow wrote: So earlier I posted the following message.....

So tomorrow is finally the day. As expected, I am nervous and excited all at once. I know what a good decision I have made for myself and I am fortunate to have the best, most supportive husband and family that a girl could ask for (and one daughter is a nurse, and the other a dietician). .....BUT......there is always a but, isnt there?
As I mentioned before, my husband and I have had 7 deaths in the family in the last year and he also had a bad experience with anesthesia after a simple outpatient procedure so all of that has me feeling more than the usual pre-surgery jitters.
I thought I was doing fine but then yesterday as I was chit-chatting with my hubby, I just burst into tears for no apparant reason. It was just awful and I couldnt stop crying. I was so exhausted after that cry but I felt alot better at the same time if that makes any sense......
Anyway, I just ask that you all keep me in your thoughts tommorrow as I take MY TURN at the bat and Ill see you all on the other side :)

Jan Moore.......
soon to be Jan Less!

So here is how things progressed since then.............

It has been an extremely stressful day!!! Doctors office  called this afternoon and left me a msg to return their call and said that it was urgent! I tried and tried to reach them  and kept getting the machine and couldnt leave a msg! Finally got thru about an hour later around 4 pm and they said the hospital had called my insurance for the pre-cert and they said my surgery wasnt approved and that they never received any of my paperwork!!!! Bull**** bull**** bull****!  They received ALL of my paperwork. They even called me and left me a voice mail saying that they did and called back again to tell me I was approved and would be getting an approval letter in the mail. I got the letter and so did the doctors office. My doctors office resent all the info and even sent them a copy of the approval letter but they continued to say I had not been approved! I called them and  went round and round with them but they still said the same thing and said  it could take up to 5 business days to get the approval! Are you f'n kidding me???? Needless to say, after about 2 and 1/2 hours on the phone with these clowns they finally approved the hospital stay!!!!!They kept telling me the surgery may have been approved but the hospital stay wasnt!!! WHAT??? WTF does that even mean??? Anyway, so the hubby did his best to calm me down after that cuz I couldnt even think straight. He took me out to dinner ( my doctor didnt require any special pre-op diet) and everything just kept going wrong there too. So we finished up and went home and he proceeded to tell me all of the things that had gone RIGHT with our day! God I love my man

hopes42morrow
on 1/24/12 1:52 pm - OH
RNY on 01/25/12
Oh and I left out the craziest part.....a little bit later, I drove up to the carry-out and 2 black cats ran out in front of my van and I hit them both! Not 1, but 2 black cats! WTF!!!!!! My hubby, being the eternal optimist tuns to me and says.....you hit them both so its not bad luck cuz one cancelled out the other!!!! LOL. What a day! Im going to bed. Hopefully I will have better luck tommorrow with the surgery than I had today! See you all on the other side :)

Jan Moore
Soon to be Jan Less!

Jenspunky
on 1/24/12 1:58 pm
RNY on 01/16/12

Insurance companies suck.  

I'm sorry you had such a stressful day. 

Good luck tomorrow, I hope it goes smoothly for you.

~Jenna 
RNY 1/16/12

hopes42morrow
on 1/24/12 2:06 pm - OH
RNY on 01/25/12
Thanks Jen! They sure do, and so doe****ting black cats the night before your surgery!!! Or anytime for that matter :)

Jan
Donna D.
on 1/24/12 10:08 pm - Cockeysville, MD
Hey Jan wowwww!! I hope today is a better day for you! I can really understsnd your frusrtrations, but Great hubby and very supportive!

HW:338  SW:316 CW:203 GW:190 MY HT IS 5"11"

Melody D.
on 1/24/12 5:09 pm - Pueblo, CO
I'm so sorry for your stress, but I'm laughing my @$$ off at the ironies.  

We denied you but we sent you an approval by accident....LMAO!!

Insurance company approves surgery but not hospital stay- Ummm- We're you supposed to go from recovery to the waiting room?

Killing 2 black cats- One for the denial of the approval, and one for your nerves.  BAM!! All bad luck gone...you're good to go!!!

Great Luck on your weight loss journey Hun.  It'll be hard but soooo worth it.

((Hugs))
Mel

Panniculectomy & Mastopexy (Breast Reduction & Lift)- 1/3/12
Upper Thigh Lift & Upper Arm Lift- 3/13/12
HW-290,
SW-288, GW-127, CW-111

Kaoz789
on 1/24/12 5:10 pm
 Good luck tomorrow! Sounds like you have an amazingly supportive hubby, so I've a really good feeling about how well everything is going to go for you!

As the lady says... 'just keep swimming'

MultiMom
on 1/24/12 7:11 pm - NH
You have an AMAZINGLY wonderful hubby!!! Good luck today!!! 

High 250/Consult Weight 245/Surgery 205/Now 109
Height 5'4.5" BMI 18.4
In maintenance since June 2009

kathy_jean
on 1/24/12 7:19 pm - PA
RNY on 01/16/12
Good luck! Wow, you did have quite a day! Now you got it all out of the way and all will go terrific for you today! Your hubbie sounds great!
Kathy    HW 203   Surgery Date 1/16/12

Cheryl N.
on 1/24/12 10:51 pm - Des Moines, WA
Are the cats OK???? 

246 in Dec 2008 before banded 1/28/09 at 215 lbs, band crapped 9/09 at 170 lbs and struggled with it and regained to 203 revised to bypass on 8/1/11 and am very happy.

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 543 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 527 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 416 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 299 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 129 views
Recent Topics