less than 24 hrs til surgery and the nerves have set in.....

hopes42morrow
on 1/24/12 12:06 am - OH
RNY on 01/25/12
So tomorrow is finally the day.  As expected, I am nervous and excited all at once.  I know what a good decision I have made for myself and I am fortunate to have the best, most supportive husband and family that a girl could ask for (and one daughter is a nurse, and the other a dietician). .....BUT......there is always a but, isnt there?
As I mentioned before, my husband and I have had 7 deaths in the family in the last year and he also had a bad experience with anesthesia after a simple outpatient procedure so all of that has me  feeling more than the usual pre-surgery jitters.
I thought I was doing fine but then yesterday as I was chit-chatting with my hubby, I just burst into tears for no apparant reason. It was just awful and I couldnt stop crying. I was so exhausted after that cry but I felt alot better at the same time if that makes any sense......
Anyway, I just ask that you all keep me in your thoughts tommorrow as I take MY TURN at the bat and Ill see you all on the other side :)

Jan Moore.......
soon to be Jan Less!
wvugal89
on 1/24/12 12:17 am - MD
Jan,

I will keep you in my thoughts, promise. You will be fine, it is totally normal to feel scared and nervous. Just take a deep breathe and tell yourself all will be fine and you are worth this! You will feel great on the other side!

Teri-Lynn
POI

tahoelady1958
on 1/24/12 12:22 am - reidsville, NC
RNY on 01/16/12
you are on my thought/prayer list now...Believe me it is NORMAL to be scared, but, this time next week you will be lesser and happier...Prayers going up and God bless
Rita

heidi S.
on 1/24/12 1:36 am

You will be thought of and prayed for!  I have my surgical consult this coming Friday and am nervous myself to finally get that "date" sealed in my future.  It's been a long road this last year, going through all the classes and appts. needed to get to this point but i Know that this is the right decision for me. Surgery is scarey but i am more scared of my future if i don't get off this health path....  Good Luck and safe surgery!  
                                                                                       Seekin-me

OntrackAgain
on 1/24/12 1:50 am - Ashburn, VA
RNY on 03/06/12
 Sending many prayers and well wishes to you.  Remember if God has brought you to it, he will surely see you through it!

To Whom Much Is Given, Much Is Required!                
kathy_jean
on 1/24/12 2:15 am - PA
RNY on 01/16/12
Prayers are with you Jan! It will be over before you know it! I will be thinking of you tomorrow. I didn't have any complications with my surgery and I'm sure you won't either.
Kathy    HW 203   Surgery Date 1/16/12

WhoIWantToBe *.
on 1/24/12 2:22 am
RNY on 01/10/12
 ((Hugs)) to you.  I went through the same thing, and even as I was laying on the OR table with the oxygen mask on me I was thinking, "I can still stop this.  I don't have to go through with this."  But I did go through with it, and so far everything is going great.  You'll be fine, too.

- Barb, who is at GOOOOOOAAAAAAL!

HW: 274  SW: 244  GW: 137 CW: 137!
              Keep on swimming!  Keep on swimming! 

Donna D.
on 1/24/12 2:54 am - Cockeysville, MD
Praying for you everything will work out! Think optimistic, and go in  to this surgery with positive thoughts only!! Good luck and I am wishing you a speedy recovery!!

HW:338  SW:316 CW:203 GW:190 MY HT IS 5"11"

mrsmzqxqd
on 1/24/12 3:36 am
I have Dr. White also. He is the best!!! My surgery is scheduled for the 1st. Just think while youare getting a good sleep everyone else is having to find something to do in the boring waiting room. :)
We are in good hands!
Thoughts and prayers are with you!!
Dawn
dianabelle12
on 1/24/12 4:23 am
Good luck to you :)

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 533 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 516 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?