Question for 6 month phy diet

Zaniiaim
on 1/24/12 2:07 pm - CA
 Hi everyone-  unless I find out I have severe sleep apnea feb 5th, I have to do a 6 month doc supervised weight loss plan. I went in today and want to make sure I have everything done right.  Any generic forms for this or health plan specific? Are just doctors notes enough?

Thanks!
Aimee
Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 1/24/12 2:21 pm - OH
It varies by insurance company, so it would be best to call your insurance company (or find out if the person who handles insurance approval for your surgeon's office already knows... they often do for the insurance companies they deal with frequently). Better to know for sure than to find out after the fact!

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

tahoelady1958
on 1/24/12 8:32 pm - reidsville, NC
RNY on 01/16/12
ask your bariatric coordinator the form you may need. Mine had the form that each insurance carrier needed. MAKE sure the doctor follows these form to the TEE. I have fed bcbs. and because my pcp wasnt sure what they wanted(documented weight loss each month, nutritional advice, etc...) bcbs denied me just on that. so it is important that you KNOW what your insurance carrier requires.
Rita

dragonlady004
on 1/24/12 8:54 pm - MS
RNY on 02/23/12
 I understand your concern here.. I was forced to do the 6 month diet plan 3 times!!! the first the doctor did not note everything he was suppose to. so they made me redo it, second time his handwriting was so bad they called him to which he replied well if you can not read them how can I!!!! so the insurance told me to find a doctor that they would not deal with him anymore... I also changed my surgery doctor and it was the best choice.. They gave me this form to take to each visit with a list of questions and every piece of info the insurance company wanted.. so after 1 year and a half of diet visits... I GOT MY VERBAL APPROVAL YESTERDAY!!!! I would talk to your insurance company first and have them email or fax you a list of everything they require for them and if you have a really good surgery office they will help you keep track and work with your doc to make sure you have it all covered 
GOOD LUCK!!!!
Zaniiaim
on 1/25/12 12:01 am - CA
Thanks everyone. If they told me to hop up and down on one leg right now I'd be doing that too I'm going to call everyone I possibly can to get the right answer. Good to know there is a form.

Congrats on your recent approval- sounds like the new doctors will be much better!
Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 42 replies · 324 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 376 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 467 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 381 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 42 replies · 324 views