2 years out,what could this be...

Toobcherished
on 1/24/12 9:24 pm - Henrico, VA

Ok so for the last 2 months I have had an issue with bloating, very gassy  and weight gain and I believe it is tied to certain types of food.

If I stick to a diet of only protien and vegitables I seem to be fine.  However if I eat a bit of carbs, dairy products, fruit  it seems my stomach swells, I get really gassy and put on like 3 lbs over night.  You can actually see my stomach swell up after a meal. 

Yesterday I ate protein 2 boiled eggs, coffee with equal and sugar free creamer.  
Lunch yogurt and unsweeteded frozen bluberries, a salad with mostly protein topped with chicken . 
Last night i had 6 wings (no sauce) string beans and potatoes. 
Peanut butter crackers for snack (im hypo glycemeic)

I normallyy do not eat over 1200 calories but sometimes up it to 1500.  If its all protein no problem I do not gain.

This just started happening to this degree the last 2 months.  I had my gall bladder out last year around this time due to issues and was actually fine until recent.  My weight hovered at 175 for months which was fine...im 5'7 and the smallest I ever wanted to get was 169.  But I literally go from 175-182 within 2 or 3 days if I have a very minimal amount of carbs.  I will also lose that same amount of weight in 2 days if I completely eliminate carbs.

I do excersise 4 days a week and that has not changed.....

Any ideas?

After you have suffered for a little while, the God of all grace, who called you to His eternal glory in Christ, will Himself perfect, confirm, strengthen and establish you.
1 Peter 5:10

Terrilmk
on 1/24/12 11:08 pm - SC
I'm only 8 weeks out. If its not gallbladder, I would wonder if it is a flora or gluten problem. Since protein doesn't set you off but carbs do. maybe try acidophilus and probiotic supplements, and/or going gluten free for a while.
 HW 240 SW 224 CW 167          
hedrider
on 1/24/12 11:25 pm - Midlothian, TX
I have the same issue exactly.  Makes me look about 5 month pregnant!

I attribute it to the carbs - it seems to be worse when my meals are heavier in carbs like bread, potatoes, etc...  I'm trying to stay clear of them - or at least eat them infrequently.
Heather
Since 2008 my team has raised over $42,000 to fight breast cancer.

Toobcherished
on 1/25/12 1:10 am - Henrico, VA
Terrill you may be on to something this is definetly a gut problem snd the last time these issues were present was due to my gall bladder.  Im leaning towards the flora imbalance but will look up glutten as well.  Hmmmm.   Would the flora cause sugar or carb cravings? 

After you have suffered for a little while, the God of all grace, who called you to His eternal glory in Christ, will Himself perfect, confirm, strengthen and establish you.

H.A.L.A B.
on 1/25/12 2:34 am
Lack of flora, may cause candida - it is a type of yeast - internal. That my cause sugar and carbs cravings.
Google "candida"

I periodically take Rx for that.   When I start craving sugars, and carbs... or start itching... I take diflucan.

Did you take any antibiotics in the last 2-3 months?  If so - that may have killed the good bacteria in your gut, while candida and the not so good - survived quite well...

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

cajungirl
on 1/25/12 1:32 am
I deal with the same thing if I eat too many carbs or too much dairy.  I had a tummy tuck so although my stomach doesn't extend real far the tightness feels like I need to unbutton my pants. 

I'm considering taking probiotics to see if that helps.  I've removed carbs or dairy separately to see if I could determine the true culprit......both affect me.

Oh I feel bloated, not much problem with gas.

Proximal RNY Lap - 02/21/05

9 years committed ~  100% EWL and Maintaining

www.dazzlinglashesandbeyond.com

Toobcherished
on 1/25/12 4:13 am - Henrico, VA
no problems with itching etc but I do often crave sugar I atribute that to my hypoglycmia. 

Isnt greek yogurt a pribotic tho?  I eat that all the time and sweeten with equal.  Anyone recommend a pribotic I can buy from the vitamin shoppe?

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 420 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 374 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 422 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 143 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 408 views