The NERVE of some people!!

AddisynsMommy
on 1/25/12 2:54 am - FL
 so, I am 10 months out and LOVING my surgery! I can do some many things now and wear cute clothes! yesterday tho while at work I had a customer start saying how long have you been here ivenever seen you here etc this happens ALL the time im so use to them thinking i am the new girl. Well, as we are talking he says So does that REALLY REALLY fat girl still work here I havent seen her in awhile!! i was mortified but at the same time pissed and hurt. Until recently and looking back at pix i didnt realize i was REALLY big! Fat girl living in a skinny girls body was it. So, i polietly said to him  yes she does and that girl is me,. The look on his face was priceless!!He went on andon saying wow you sure did lose a ton of weight, you were so big before. I wanted to slap the **** out of him!! Ijust said yes i have and I have its been a lot of work. He continued to go on how its  hard to  lose weight and that a lot of people get that surgery for a quick fix.. I just bit my tongue and got him out of my chair ASAP! wow I got  a laugh out of it now but I am still pissed and hurt by how rude some people can be. makes me wonder what all people say when im not here.. hmph Though i will say I am damn proud of my 135lbs down!!!

H.A.L.A B.
on 1/25/12 3:00 am
He made a total ass of himself... Maybe that would teach him a lesson...

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

Mykmini
on 1/25/12 3:00 am
RNY on 03/15/12
 I am now curious what you do for work. :)

I am proud of you for being so polite and composed, I am not sure I would have been! I too was once naive and thought WLS was the "easy way out". I now definitely know that is not true now. I don't think (most) people are trying to be rude, they are simply uneducated!
Referral Date- Feb. 3, 2011  1st consultation booked- May 2011
Approved for surgery-Oct 2011
Surgery Date- March 15, 2012

Hw-321 Cw-305.8

bittybabynurse
on 1/25/12 3:01 am - MN
He needs a good kick to the shins. What an ass!
Highest  272 Consult 265 Goal 165 Current 158    

Pregnancy%20ticker
Make a pregnancy ticker]
Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 1/25/12 3:08 am - OH
AddisynsMommy
on 1/25/12 3:18 am - FL
 I am a barber so i work in a mans world so to say! My friend/boss is a female too and let  me tell you before suregery i never got any looks or anything, which Iguess didnt mind bc they can be pervs but now holy helllooooo since losing the weight its a different ball game!! I use to be the size I am now and  guess I never thought about how much my weight affected how I acted and got treated until now. but on any other day i would have tore into the guy in my chair but as he was saying that i thought in my head kill him with kindness and aSMILE!! It's kind of a catch 22 I was like yea bioootchs what now but at the same time i was sad bc i WAS really fat. 

iowa_missie74
on 1/25/12 3:21 am - IA
People can be so ignorant. No matter how you did it, YOU did it! You should be proud no matter what way you did it. I know I am proud for just having the courage to take charge of what I couldn't control before, get this great tool to fix it and now be able to have conscious control of what I am doing. I never had that before. Good luck and congrats on your awesome weight loss success.

DisneyLover
on 1/25/12 3:22 am - WI
I would have clipped his ear with the shears.

Sarah

Stacy11
on 1/25/12 3:44 am
Good for you!!  People are so rude.. I work in an office and a client came in one time I had just started he wanted to talk to the other girl in office however she was out to lunch, he looked at me and said I can come back I said are you sure I can help you I was new to this location but had been with company over 8  years so I knew what I was doing. he looked at me came over to desk and asked me a question and followed up by handing me a orange out of his pocket telling me I needed it more than him cause I was way too FAT.. I was appauled!  I just sat there with mouth open like I cant believe he just said that to me. he said Yeh you are fatter than girl that worked at this desk before you. I said so polietely Thanks for bringing that to my attention.. I never waited on him again after that ... when he walked in I always had to either go potty or get drink  I know this is horrible but I read his obit in the paper not too long ago and thought OMG I dont ever have to Hide from that mean man again...

SO good for you that you lost and told him it was you.. People just amaze me!

Stacy

Sheri W.
on 1/25/12 3:55 am - Kansas City, MO
You handled yourself so professionally - I would probably have become flustered and responded in a much more sarcastic manner! ; )
Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 544 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 527 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 416 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 324 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 129 views
Recent Topics