Bing Cherries

Sunbunnyqt
on 1/26/12 6:11 am - FL
I've always loved bing cherry season but now I am wondering how I will react to these little treasures.

Have any of you tried cherries post op?

DisneyLover
on 1/26/12 6:24 am - WI
I tried cherries last summer.  So about starting at 7 months post op.  I was OK with 1 or 2 but any more than that and it would cause me to not feel so great.  I still ate them though. :)

Sarah

InkdSpEdTchr
on 1/26/12 6:25 am
I can only speak for myself, but I loooove cherries and I eat them whenever they are in season! Also, I am a dumper, but I don't usually dump on fruit.
:Danni

:Danni  >>>AIDS/LifeCycle 10 & 11 Finisher: 545miles on the bike in 7 days <<<
HW390/SW340/CW 208/GW170

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 1/26/12 8:09 am - OH
I have them all the time (I freeze them when they are in season to have during the winter), but I have never had a problem with any kind of fruit.  MOst people don;t dump from fruit, but some do... so you just need to try fruits a small amount at first.

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

JudiJudi T
on 1/26/12 2:29 pm
I developed an allergy to them (and apples too!) after surgery.  I am so sad because I love cherries!  I can eat them cooked but not raw.  Try one and see how it goes.  :)  Enjoy them for me if you can eat them.  Cooked just isn't the same! 

Before/after pic in my profile.  
Surgery: Dec 2009, lost 100 lbs

kimtres
on 1/27/12 9:07 pm - Doha, Qatar
I, too, am allergic to them and apples. Raw but not cooked. About two years ago I developed this allergy to stone fruit which, believe it or not, includes almonds. You may want to see if your allergy is more extensive than just apples and cherries. For your sake, I hope not.

seattledeb
on 1/26/12 4:14 pm, edited 1/27/12 4:14 am
The gift of living in Washington is cherry season. We have two big cherry trees in the front yard.
I can tolerate them just fine. I freeze the extra cherries and put them in smoothies.
There is also a great recipe on Eggface's site with cherries and apples cooked with like a granola topping on it. Delicious.
Deb T.

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 368 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 339 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 389 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 401 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Wednesday Menu?