Hood Milk

wcumom1
on 1/31/12 8:43 am
Hey peoples! i'm in savannah ga on vacation, anyone know where i can find the Hood Calorie countdown milks around here?? i use the chocolate, 2% and skim when i can find it, thanks :)

altheda71
on 1/31/12 9:28 am - Bear, DE
 Not from Savannah, but you should be able to FIND it in any decent supermarket.  Walmart and Target too~

May God bless us in all of our endeavors.  May He forgive us for our frailties and our vanities and bless us to be prosperous in health, soul, and in life.            
Hattie T.
on 1/31/12 9:39 am - Denver, CO
What is Hood milk? My mom is from Shreveport, so I have heard of a lot of foods, but not this one!

Hattie
Htaylor46     HW 412, SW 386, CW 309, GW 190      
Keeves
on 1/31/12 9:43 am - Elizabeth, NJ
Hood is a brand of dairy products. I think New England is their main area, but I've seen some of their products here in NJ.

Hattie T.
on 1/31/12 9:47 am - Denver, CO
How funny!  You know what I thought...Well never mind what I thought.  Thank you for the fast answer.

Hattie
Htaylor46     HW 412, SW 386, CW 309, GW 190      
kittehkitteh27
on 2/1/12 12:24 am - Zebulon, NC
RNY on 01/18/12 with
lol

I'm with ya, Hattie. That's why I clicked on this thread. I was like "whaa? huh?"

~Kitteh~   Start 363 / Surgery 346 / Current 204.1 / Goal 150

Cleopatra_Nik
on 2/1/12 12:30 am - Baltimore, MD

Naw…it’s milk…from DA HOOD!!!!

I like Hood milk in protein shakes but the stuff is awful by itself (The skim, that is. The chocolate is decent AND it only has like 3g of sugar and 80 cals, I believe 6g protein?) It’s what is called “ultra-filtered milk," which is a fancy term for “we extracted the whey from the carbs and replaced the lost fluid with water. Which is EXACTLY how the skim tastes. Yep.

But the skim is 35 frickin calories!!!! You can’t beat that with a stick.

RNY Gastric Bypass 1-8-08 350/327/200 (HW/SW/CW). I spend most of my time playing with my food over at Bariatric Foodie - check me out!

owlisn
on 1/31/12 10:41 am - NC
 Not sure about Savannah, but an hour south in Brunswick, you can get it at Winn Dixie.  Check there first.
Allison

wcumom1
on 1/31/12 11:09 am
may need a day trip to brunswick lol...thanks. Ive checked the surrounding stores with no luck.  The walmarts here used to sell it last year, but they no longer stock it.  It keeps getting harder to find.  Im from nc, there is only one store that has it!

wcumom1
on 1/31/12 11:15 am
I heard of Hood Milks from my bariatric program.  They are low in sugar and carbs.  I hate to waste my carbs on milk, i would rather have food.  I drink alot of milk in protein shakes and sugar free coffees.  They have 2% chocolate, 2% milk and also skim milk.  The product is from up north somewhere.  I have requested many times and no one seems to want to stock it.  Harris Teeter was always a sure bet, but they quit having it last year! I find it at IGA in nc and thats it. All their products are good that i have tried, you cannot tell they are real low in sugar and carbs!

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 368 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 339 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 389 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 401 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 339 views