what are you making for Superbowl snacks?

NANCY C.
on 2/1/12 6:25 am - OKLAHOMA CITY, OK
 This will be my first time to hostess since surgery.  I know everyone else can eat anything but I would like to make healthy snacks that I could enjoy also.

Any suggestions?

HW  313   SW  285   Goal 155

poet_kelly
on 2/1/12 9:15 am - OH
Roasted chickpeas.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Sue L.
on 2/1/12 9:21 am, edited 1/31/12 9:22 pm - Racine, WI
Deviled eggs, meatballs in a low sugar marinera sauce, cheese and sausage, olive, and pickle platter, 7 layer taco dip lower fat, spicy buffalo chicken dip...(lower fat / carb options for recipes)

Tip for you able to have dips :instead of using the regular chips for dips, use turkey pepperoni chips (pepp. in micro for 1 minute...let stand they turn crisp) They hold up well for dipping.
*~Sue~*
4'11.5"- HW 239/SW 203.3/CW 115.7 /GW 110

~No one can make you feel inferior without your consent. ~ Eleanor Roosevelt (1884-1962)~

BWB
on 2/1/12 10:50 am
1.   Serve lean slices of roast beef, chicken, smoked turkey, or ham with condiments and taco shells.  You can wrap yours in lettuce leaves and let your guests have theirs the way they like it.  
2.  Chili with ground turkey or lean ground beef.

Have a platter of fruit and cheese.  

Cleopatra_Nik
on 2/1/12 10:55 am - Baltimore, MD
Whatever you make, I suggest making a "you" sized portion of it and that's all. Super Bowl is code for grazing which is code for "I'm gonna beat myself up after this FOR grazing, even if it was on healthy food." So either make one serving of something for yourself or embrace eating more than you should but do NOT do the self bashing thing. That's no fun!
NANCY C.
on 2/2/12 11:49 pm - OKLAHOMA CITY, OK
 excellent ideas from everyone!   I am headed to the grocery store.  I am making Nik's Magic Meatballs, a tray with sliced meats and cheeses - I have little mini buns for people to make a sammie,  crab stuffed mushroom caps, a pineapple cheese ball (with FF cream cheese) and then SF brownies.  I will probably have a few bowls of nuts and M&M's but I will definitely make my plate and set it aside!  

Thank you all

HW  313   SW  285   Goal 155

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 355 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 386 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 477 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 138 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?