3 days post-op

Mark K.
on 2/2/12 9:03 am - FL
RNY on 01/30/12
Okay, here's where I definatley need some encouragement.  Back home and struggling to get in the liquids.  I feel bloated and gassy all the time....what can I do to get some relief?  I've been walking and doing my breating exercises, I don't want to get dehydrated.

Any advice will be greatly appreciated,

Mark

lovelife39
on 2/2/12 9:07 am
gas x walk walk walk its been over 2 weeks and im startn to be less gasy i hope everything smooths out for you !
kidnamedtoad
on 2/2/12 2:18 pm
It took me about a week at home to get my protein requirements in by shakes.  I still struggle with water. I'm two months out and can now finally get all my water in. Little by little.  Each day try to get a little more. Baby steps!  Good Luck!
Toad         Starting weight: 249 Day of surgery wt: 217  GW: 109 CW 149                                                                    
Chilipepper
on 2/2/12 2:23 pm
Gas X...curl up with a heating pad on your tummy. Don't worry about protein or any of that now...just make sure you get your liquids in...remember, you have 24 hours in a day to get it in...keep it next to your bed, carry a bottle with you at all times.  Crystal light, iced tea, water and lemon....lots of drinking choices..Walk but don't overdue it...your next six weeks, you need to just concentrate on healing, the rest will fall into place. 

"The first thing I do in the morning is brush my teeth and sharpen my tongue." --- Dorothy Parker  

"You may not like what I say or how I say it, but it may be just exactly what you need to hear." ---Kathryn White

Heidi T.
on 2/2/12 9:44 pm
RNY on 01/31/12
 we had surgery the same day!  Gas was a tough one for me, i found having a bowel movement really helped me with gas. Changing positions and the way that I was sitting also helped, sitting upright with my feet up and bent worked best for me. What I mean by this is sit on a straight chair with a pillow behing your back, Grab a foot stool bring it close to your chair put your feet just your toe area on the foot stool and bend your knees and put the close to your chest. Sit this way for a bit and it is amazing how much gas passes. the other thing that you can do is lay in bed. I slept flat on my back in bed and man oh man did gas pass.  I did need a hand getting out of bed. My husband simply puts his hands out in the morning and I pull myself up. Doesnt really hurt and I seep better.

rny 1/30/12              
On 1/30/12 I begain my new healthier life, it is not easy, but day by day I will reach my goals.                
Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 409 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 351 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 419 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 404 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 351 views