Another Vitamin Question

Kimberly129
on 2/5/12 5:16 am - Austin, TX
RNY on 12/02/10 with
I tried looking for an answer b4 asking this, I am not 14 months post op, and I was just wondering can I now take the swollowable pills from Celebrate Vitamins for the Mulit Vitamin and Calcium and Iron?
HW389 SW367 CW273 GW180 
1lb lost is 1 step closer to your g
oal !!

poet_kelly
on 2/5/12 5:25 am - OH
Yes.  According to the ASMBS, you can start swallowing vitamins as soon as you can tolerate it; many people are swallowing pills while still in the hospital after RNY.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Kimberly129
on 2/5/12 5:32 am - Austin, TX
RNY on 12/02/10 with
is there a multi vitamin or calcium I can buy in a store that is also a swallowable, that is the right kind for me to take?
HW389 SW367 CW273 GW180 
1lb lost is 1 step closer to your g
oal !!

poet_kelly
on 2/5/12 5:39 am - OH
Yep.  Get Centrum or something like it for a multi.  Often the generic store brand multi is the same as Centrum (compare the labels) but a couple bucks cheaper.

Any brand of calcium citrate is fine.  I just buy the generic store brand of that, too.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Chris S.
on 2/5/12 6:08 am
My surgeon mentioned that there are vitamins in liquid form.  Does anybody know where I can get that?
snppmommy
on 2/5/12 7:37 am - AL
I have read that the liquid vitamins are terrible tasting.  I personally have never tried it.  I am so tired of taking chewable.  I'm in the market for some pills too.
rbb825
on 2/5/12 1:51 pm - Suffern, NY
there is no reason you can't take pills by mouth at 14 months.  Most of us go on tablets and capsules at 1 month out.  Why do you think you aren't allowed this far out?

YOu can get a multi locally that is just as good and much cheaper.  Get centrum silver they come in both tablets and chewables but dont' get the ones for women, they have a higher dosage of calcium and iron which counteract each other.  Get the regular silvers and then take a separate iron supplement which is best from vitalady.com called tender irons - they come in a 60mg capsule with the necessary vitamin C already in it.  Depending on yoru iron and ferritin levels determines how many to take - many take anywhere from 2-5 per day all in one dose, atleast 2-4 hours away from calcium and thyroid medication.

the calcium you can get citrical either maximums or petites.  The maximums you take 2 at a time, 3 times per day (5-6 tablets per day) and the petites you take 3 at a time - 3 times per day for a total of 8 - 10 per day

b12 you can get the sublinguals locally or injections via prescription

b1 - you can get locally 100mg daily

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 539 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 525 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 411 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 277 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?