Head Hunger

Linda R.
on 2/5/12 10:10 pm - Winder, GA
Every night, & I mean, every night, I get an attack of head hunger. My stomach's not hungry, but my head is telling me to eat....& here lately it's been things like carbs. I've tried eating fruit along with a piece of cheese for the protein, munching on raw veggies, but nothing stops that craving. Please HELLLLLP!

badkitten
on 2/5/12 10:29 pm
that is when I write in my journal - I try to figure out what is causing the "head hunger" - is it boredom, am I feeling bad about something etc. Normally by the time I am done writing I have distracted myself and don't need to eat. My journal is with me all the time and I use it as a healing tool!
(deactivated member)
on 2/5/12 10:45 pm
Excellent Idea about keeping the journal all the time. I am very lax on doing a journal. I think I need to keep that up.
Zeigled
on 2/5/12 10:50 pm - Parkton, MD
Head hunger.....I get it too.  I have to break the cycle in my head - because I keep focusing on it.  One thing is that I'll drink water and then do a puzzle or something that makes me use my mind.  I've found that if I do that I can break the focus on food cycle.  It doesn't help me to take a walk becuase then I just think about food on the wal****il I get home.  I like the suduko puzzles.  Also, I go online and play bridge or spades.  That is distracting for me too.
HW 357 SW 341   

dasie
on 2/5/12 10:56 pm
I'm 27 months out, and I eat SF Popsicles each and every night.  I will also eat yogurt or drink a protein shake.  Like you, I may eat some fruit and cheese.  Last night I had a Kind bar. I almost always choose healthy and low cal/low car.   Head hunger and the mind is where the battleground is for me too.  I will also eat popcorn sometimes, but I am much farther out than you, and I am limiting my popcorn.  I have 3 to 4 pounds to lose.

Dee.spunk
on 2/5/12 11:31 pm - Sacramento, CA
I have the same problem.I usually eat string cheese and I'm fine. I like the journal idea. I might have to start doing that too.

Height:5'1.5 RNY:11/30/11 HW:307 SW:234 CW:136 GW:140 (LOST 73 Lbs. PRE-OP)

Mallory R.
on 2/5/12 11:43 pm - Greenville, NC
RNY on 01/18/12

I love this site because MANY people are facing the same issues as me!  Thanks for all of the wonderful ideas to help my "head hunger" and thank you Linda P for asking!

Mallory Dawn        
Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 541 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 526 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 414 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 292 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 128 views