Is it possible to have a stricture 4 months out?

Sunbunnyqt
on 2/10/12 2:59 am - FL
I have had the random times when I've had to empty my stomach earlier after surgery but nothing like a stricture.

I have been feeling really full fast lately and last night I was in agony after eating chicken - something that has been my go to protein since when it was okay after surgery. I finally had 2 bouts of throwing up after about 3+ hours of agony where I felt like a knot in my stomach that kept getting harder and harder. I was so sick it was hard to get my mind off of it.

I've had only tea today because I am still very shaky. I just wonder if it is possible to develop a stricture this far out when I've had relatively no problems prior.

Thanks for your thoughts.

hedrider
on 2/10/12 3:25 am - Midlothian, TX
It's possible at any time to have a stricture.
Heather
Since 2008 my team has raised over $42,000 to fight breast cancer.

cabin111
on 2/10/12 4:07 am
It could be that your pouch just rejected the food...Hit and miss sometimes.  Go back to puree foods and see how your pouch handles that.  If there are problems then it could be a stricture.  They can occur at anytime, but usually it happens at 3 weeks out as the junction (pouch and small intestine) is healing...
brwneyz
on 2/10/12 5:52 am
I had one two months out.  It was horrible!  I couldn't eat anything except string cheese, and that was with pulling it apart, not taking full bites.  It took FOREVER to get down a protein shake, etc.  But, it was fixed in 10 mins!
Wife to Lawrence since July 4, 2003.
Nathan June 16, 2005   Haylee October 7, 2009  
Getting help so I can live long with him and raise them to be the best they can be!                

jennifer M.
on 2/10/12 6:06 am - WV
Yes it is possible to have a stricture, I had one 2 weeks post-op and had to have an EGD.
Chilipepper
on 2/10/12 6:16 am
Sounds like it was stuck!  The knots you were  feeling were muscles tightening up from all the throwing up.  Avoid the chicken and go back to soft foods for a few days. 

"The first thing I do in the morning is brush my teeth and sharpen my tongue." --- Dorothy Parker  

"You may not like what I say or how I say it, but it may be just exactly what you need to hear." ---Kathryn White

Loveshinesthru
on 2/10/12 6:20 pm - Mesa, AZ
 are you haveing problems with anything else or just chicken? 

HW: 314 SW: 297 CW:166

Sunbunnyqt
on 2/11/12 4:08 am - FL
I'm having problems with solid foods. Thin soups are okay. I am not eating solids. I hope this doesn't slow my weight loss. I guess I can live with this if it doesn't get worse.

Loveshinesthru
on 2/11/12 9:02 am - Mesa, AZ
 Sounds like a stricture to me. I would get it checked out. 

HW: 314 SW: 297 CW:166

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 562 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 335 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 453 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 368 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Monday Menu?