dizzy spells?

tipa
on 2/11/12 5:58 am
 ok i am 15  months out rny and i am 33 years old... when i am sitting down and then get up quick or bend down to get something on the floor and stand back up i get dizzy,,, like my head is spinning,,, it only last for a couple seconds but still,,, does any one else get this?

Jenni_9yrspostop
on 2/11/12 6:02 am
Check with your doc if you're concerned - but most of us get that at one time or another. I was told it's our center of gravity resetting itself from the weight loss, and also dehydration can be a factor. Make sure you get enough water, have regular check ups and mention it to your doc so they can check blood pressure to be sure it's nothing more. I've heard of it from most post ops at one time or another - I think it's fairly common for us.
Jen 10 yrs post op
Bellarella
on 2/11/12 6:03 am
I had the same thing and worried it was low blood pressure. My surgeon determined I was deyhdrated. Since increasing my fluid intake those dizzy spells have stopped. Good luck!
tipa
on 2/11/12 6:11 am
 well that is the thing ,, everytime they check my blood pressure it is always on the low side they tell me,,, but they never tell me that it is bad!? but it is bad if i am geting dzzy from it being low
i am gong to bring it up again o my next visit ... thanks 
Hattie T.
on 2/11/12 6:33 am - Denver, CO
More fluids often resolves low BP and, of course, any other dehydration problems.
Htaylor46     HW 412, SW 386, CW 309, GW 190      
Bettisima
on 2/11/12 6:58 am
Hijack-

Hattie who is your surgeon? I am in the Denver aa too and wonder if maybe we have met at a support group.
Hattie T.
on 2/11/12 7:24 am - Denver, CO
Hi,

My surgeon is relatively new to Colorado and works out of Kaiser.  She is Dr. Farah Husein.  I attend a support group that meets at Kaiser East (Havana & Alameda) the 2nd Thursday of the month.   Where's your support group?

Hattie
Htaylor46     HW 412, SW 386, CW 309, GW 190      
Bettisima
on 2/11/12 6:57 am
Keep you fluids up, look at using some low sugar Gatorade or powerede to help with electrolytes and maybe introduce a little more sodium. We get away from canned foods and a lot of the sodium heavy food items. I added some low sodium V8, because it also has ome great potassium numbers, better than the regular V8.

Touch base with your surgeons office and make sure you express to them how frequently you have the dizzy spells. I have mine primarily when going from laying to standing. So I just have to take my time. I can manage it and seriously don't want to go in another med for low blood pressure.

Best of luck to you!
Winnie_the_Pooh
on 2/11/12 9:03 am
Besides dehydration or low BP you need to watch for RH (reactive hypoglycemia ) or low blood sugar. Since it isn't lasting long it probably isn't that but it is something you should watch.

Winnie

richarddavis196
on 2/11/12 10:02 am - VA
All good advice, esp checking with your doctor/surgeon.

As for me - I was having the same issues when stnding up/bending over. My doc and cardiologist have been reducing my blood pressure meds. Was on 2, now just a 1/2 of one pill. Much better. I bought a BP thingie at Rite Aid for 49$ and have been monitoring my BP since before I had me meds reduced, It provides a bit of comfort.

Good luck

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 543 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 527 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 415 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 297 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 129 views