How much sleep and its importance...

Marcia101
on 2/13/12 8:46 am
RNY on 06/22/22
Individuals vary greatly in their need for sleep; there are no established criteria to determine exactly how much sleep a person needs. Eight hours or more may be necessary for some people, while others may consider this to be too much sleep.
The National Institutes of Health (NIH) suggests that most average adults need about 7 to 9 hours of sleep each night. Newborn babies, by contrast, sleep from 16 to 18 hours a day. Preschool-aged children typically sleep between 10 and 12 hours a day. Older, school-aged children and teens need at least 9 hours of sleep a night. Women in the first trimester of pregnancy have been observed to need a few more hours' sleep than is usual for them.

It is very important for individuals who have had WLS to get the appropriate amount of sleep on a daily basses. Lack of sleep, has been associated with weight gain. Which in my opinion defeats the purpose. Sleep is essential for a person's health and wellbeing. If you're tired, your most likely not going to follow your workout regimen or in some cases possibly resort to some comfort food.

So everyone out there on OH, get some sleep!
Marilyn101
on 2/13/12 1:37 pm - FL
Great post thank you for tbe information. You are correct i know can use more sleep.
HHSMOM
on 2/14/12 2:27 am - AL
This is so true. There were many weeks when I only lost weight on the weekends because that is when I finally got enough sleep. It has always been hard for me during the week to get enough. But sleep is important and I am one that needs a lot of sleep. Have since I was a baby according to my mom.
Teresa  HW 267.5, SW 250, CW 140      
Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 428 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 384 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 426 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 291 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 410 views