Should I be drinking this?

buddy123
on 2/13/12 1:06 pm
I am 15 mo out and have always had a hard time drinking water.  About the only thing I can get down is Crystal light Peach Ice tea.  For the last month or so I have been having a really hard time with acid reflux.  Do you think the peach ice tea has alot of acid in it?  I cannot drink coffee, b/c it litterly give me a stomach ache.  Any ideas on this?

THANKS!!
julieadam1997
on 2/13/12 1:18 pm - KS
It may have caffeine in it, which is not good for your pouch.  I always steer clear of tea unless it is chamomile hot tea.  I like Propel Zero in my water or Walmart makes a cherry limeade mix that is 5 calories a serving, no more than Crystal light.

Bettisima
on 2/13/12 1:24 pm
If it has actual tea, yes it can be the cause of your reflux. Mio makes some water enhancers that are simply flavoring.
exohexoh
on 2/13/12 2:04 pm - West Chester, PA
 i drink regular hot tea and crystal light all the time and haven't had a problem. 

<3 jen <3

<3 starting weight: 252 <3 goal weight: 135 <3 current weight: 151 <3

RNY: 9/27/10 <3 Extended Tummy Tuck w/hip & thigh lipo: 6/6/13

Blondie76
on 2/13/12 8:28 pm - AL
It could be the caffeine in the tea or the citric acid in it as well. Have you tried any other flavors to see how you react to them?
buddy123
on 2/13/12 10:03 pm
This is the only flavor I can really drink good.  But I think it is all of the above that is setting my stomach off.  Thanks everyone........off to search for something else to drink.
Jamie B.
on 2/13/12 11:32 pm - MI
Are you sure its acid reflux? I suffered from that TERRIBLY prior to surgery. Any little thing set my stomach off and sometimes it hurt so bad I would almost cry. Since surgery, however, I have not had a single episode of acid reflux...and I drink a cup of coffee a day.

My surgeon assured me the reflux would be all but gone with surgery...and he was right. I met a lady on a message board that had a problem with her gall bladder...and had similar symptoms. Just an idea, but maybe check with your surgeon to see if there could be other causes?

Either way,  good luck!! 
Jamie        
Sunbunnyqt
on 2/14/12 12:02 am, edited 2/14/12 12:02 am - FL
I have to limit how much artificial sweeteners. If I drink or eat them too much my body reacts negatively.

I think it is good you are looking for an alternative. I hope you find something that works for you. Good luck and congratulations on your success. Keep up to good work.

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 42 replies · 328 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 377 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 469 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 383 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 42 replies · 328 views