i have stopped loosing weight!!!!!

kristinamariejudy
on 2/14/12 11:40 am - camden pt , MO
ok so i had a full gastric bypass on nov 8th 2011 and lost almost 90 pounds in 90 day   almost . the last two weeks no weight lost gained 2 lbs what is up im not done yet how do i break this ?

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 2/14/12 11:45 am - OH
No, of course you are NOT done losing yet (but you will NOT continue to lose at the very fast rate that you have been up to this point).
You just keep doing what you have been doing.  This is a lifestyle change, not a diet.  Eventually, the scale will stop moving for good but you will still need to continue being diligent about what you are eating in order to avoid regain... So use this time to find non-scale ways to motivate yourself to stay the course.

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

kristinamariejudy
on 2/14/12 11:55 am - camden pt , MO
thanks for the encouragement ! ive lost alot and fast but i just cant be done yet! im just now starting to get my life back!!  thank u
flyingwoman
on 2/14/12 11:51 am
 You are in a stall. they happen. Keep on plan, drik lots of water, get movement, put your scale away, don't panic.

Starting BMI 69 w comorbidities | 55 of the weight lost above was pre-op.    
gbsinsatx
on 2/14/12 12:03 pm - San Antonio, TX
  • These are the rules I followed/follow: 
  •  
  • *Drink 64 ounces Liquids daily (drink up to a meal, wait 60 minutes after a meal) (I add 2 packets sugar free drink mix and 1 teaspoon Benefiber to 2-32 oz water containers)
  • *Must eat at least 60 grams of Protein a day (100 or more grams beginning at 1200 calories a day)
  • *Eat no fat/lowfat dairy products
  • *Eat simple (fruit) and complex (vegetables, whole grains) Carbohydrates (I do not count daily grams)
  • *No more than 15 grams of Sugar per meal (more grams if able to tolerate-I can tolerate a maximum of 30 grams Sugar per meal from Simple and Complex Carbohydrate sources)
  • *Eat 3 main meals (B, L, D) no further than 5-6 hours apart
  • *Eat 1 protein snack at 1200 calories a day at least 2-3 hours from breakfast
  • *Eat 2-3 protein snacks at Maintenance calories a day at least 2-3 hours from B, L, D
  • *3-6 Months After Surgery: I ate 600-700 calories a day
  • *6-9 Months After Surgery: I ate 800-900 calories a day
  • *9-12 Months After Surgery: I ate 1000 calories a day
  • *12-18 Months After Surgery: eat 1200 calories a day (I ate 1200 calories a day until 15 months when I reached my goal weight)
  • *18 Months after surgery (or when goal weight is reached before 18 months): Maintenance calories (BMR/RMR & Activity Level) (Malabsorption of calories lasts approximately 18-24 months)
  • I do not participate in a formal exercise program due to Rheumatoid and Osteoarthritis. I do move around a lot more and do a lot more walking.

Age at RNY: 55, Height: 5'4", Consultation Weight: 331 lbs-12/1/2009, RNY Surgery Weight: 281 lbs-3/22/2010, Goal Weight Reached: 141 lbs-6/23/2011, Lowest Weight: 126 lbs-12/11/2011

Current Age: 61, Current Weight: 161 lbs-5/20/2016Total Weight Loss Maintained: 170 lbs  

cabin111
on 2/14/12 1:07 pm
Below is a copy and paste from DX...very knowledgeable man.  It might help.  He had said after WLS it is like decending stairs...

Still staying on-track calorie-wise? And the scale shows you stopping? Or Even Gaining?!?!?--Re-Post Unsolicited advice/info… -------------------------------------- Pull back from your ‘daily’ charting, and look at a weekly or even monthly. There are up and down spikes each day, But if you ‘graph’ the highest to the lowest, I’d bet there is still A downward slope over the course of the month. There’s an 8 to 10lb. volume of "wiggle room" due to water alone. And it comes into play a lot. This has to do with our bodies using glycogen for short term energy storage. Glycogen is not very soluble, But it is stored in our muscles for quick energy – One pound of glycogen requires 4 lbs of water to keep it soluble, And the average glycogen storage capacity is about 2 lbs. So, when you are not getting in enough food, (Like when you drop down to your calorie intake) Your body turns first to stored glycogen, Which is easy to break down for energy. And when you use up 2 lbs of glycogen, You also lose 8 lbs of water that was used to store it Voila -- the "easy" 10 lbs that most people lose in the first week of any diet. As you stay in caloric deficit, however, Your body starts to ‘realize’ that this is not a short term problem. You start mobilizing fat from your adipose tissue And burning fat for energy. But your body also ‘realizes’---- (by way of your liver releasing hormones signaling low Cal intake) ---That fat can't be used for short bursts of energy – Like, to outrun a saber-tooth tiger. So, it starts converting some of the fat into glycogen, And rebuilding the glycogen stores. And as it puts back the 2 lbs of glycogen into the muscle, 8 lbs of water has to be stored with it to keep it soluble. So, even though you might still be LOSING energy content to your body, (Thus showing negative Calorie load overall) Your weight will not go down or you might even GAIN for a while As you retain water to dissolve the glycogen that is being reformed and stored. Yes? The whole ‘weight-loss’ process is not a straight "Slide" down the scale. More like "Stair-Steps," (Down then forward, then down, then forward, etc... As your body cycles fat out of "deep storage" and through the Liver Into the muscles as Glycogen. The muscles and Liver can hold about a 3 weeks supply. This is why many people find that their "Stall" or "Plateau" Breaks when adding a bit of exercise And upping their water intake, or in the case of an "extreme exerciser," The total Calorie or Protein Intake, To signal the liver to let go of more Glycogen. Fear not, many people who are now enjoying life at a normal BMI Once had a few weeks or so of thinking- "...my weight loss has been awfully slow, has it stopped..."? Hope this helps some. You are doing Great! Keep it Up! Best Wishes-Mike Wazowski Dx

kristinamariejudy
on 2/16/12 9:42 am - camden pt , MO
thankls that helps

cabin111
on 2/14/12 1:11 pm
Also ways I found to break a stall...Hard physical work.  Cleaning the car, doing windows, cleaning the gutters...For some reason doing hard physical work would break a stall for me...Using muscles I hadn't used in a while.  Also upping the protein a bit...Like a extra protein shake...Small one.  Or a teaspoon of cottage cheese on the nightstand...have in the middle of the night if you awake.  Just some ideas.
kidnamedtoad
on 2/14/12 2:45 pm
Thank you!  Such good advice!
Toad         Starting weight: 249 Day of surgery wt: 217  GW: 109 CW 149                                                                    
kristinamariejudy
on 2/16/12 9:43 am - camden pt , MO
thanks i dont get my 65 grams anyways i need to step that up

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 58 replies · 603 views
Whats on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 52 replies · 525 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 51 replies · 560 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 456 views