Vitamins from Vitalady

Sunbunnyqt
on 2/14/12 1:55 am - FL
Bariatric Advantage has been having major problems with its website so I am looking for an alternative to getting BA vitamins.

Vitalady carries all the BA vites I use except the chewy Iron. What is the best alternative product that is on her product list?

Thanks in advance.

cajungirl
on 2/14/12 1:59 am
I don't take the BA vitamins.  I buy my vitamins OTC and some from vitalady.  I have had the best results with the Proferrin iron (costly but I can tell a difference).  The Tender Iron is also a good vitamin and worked OK for me my problem with it was having to take 8 of them a day where I take 2 Proferrin a day.

Proximal RNY Lap - 02/21/05

9 years committed ~  100% EWL and Maintaining

www.dazzlinglashesandbeyond.com

Sunbunnyqt
on 2/14/12 2:06 am - FL
Thanks for the suggestion. Where do you buy the Proferrin?

poet_kelly
on 2/14/12 2:16 am - OH
I think her Tender iron is a good choice.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

aaaaaaa
on 2/14/12 3:28 am
 I alternate between her Tender Iron (which is good because it also has the correct amount of Vit. C in it for best absorption), and Bifera (which is costly, but I was very low on iron, and don't want to go there again). Her Tender Iron is really a good price in comparison, and as I said, has the Vit. C in it already, so no need to have an extra pill! :D

rbb825
on 2/14/12 3:22 pm - Suffern, NY
her tender irons are great - they are cheap, they are easily absorbed, have the necessary vitamin c in the capsule, easy on the stomach and non constipating.  They are 60mg capsules with 400mg of vitamin C.  The bottle has 400 capsules, so they last a long time.  I believe if you need chewables she has a 25mg chewable but they dont' have any vitamin C in them, so you will have to get extra vitamin C - 200mg per 30mg of iron.  They are all carbonyl iron which is what we need to absorb.

Proferrin that the other poster talked about is great iron but very expensive - I would try these first and if they dont' work for you, then try the proferrin but these work for most people.  Some even take a combination of the 2.

YOu can also get great dry vitamin D 3 from vitalady = either 5,000 units or 50,000 units - a large majority of us it and it works great

Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 50 replies · 514 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 472 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 420 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 46 replies · 424 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 39 replies · 236 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?