I dont like water..... :\

boomsheeka01
on 2/16/12 5:03 am - Killeen, TX
So I use the store brand crystal light drop-ins.  Each bottle of water I drink is 10 calories. If I drink 64oz of that every day instead of just plain ol water is that okay? Thats about 40 calories a day. Might be a dumb question but I wanna know!!!

Thanks  :)
   Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

HouptMom
on 2/16/12 5:20 am - PA
 I was told at several preop classes and by our bariatric nurse that crystal light is fine!  That amount of calories sounds fine to me....although I am not in anyway and expert.  I am addicted to Turkey Hill Diet Green Tea.  It has zero calories and I can get a lot of fluids down with that.
Good Luck!

HW 267/SW 243/CW 177/ GW160

Nicole T.
on 2/16/12 5:22 am
i personally don't think the chemicals you are drinking are healthy but i'm sensitive to all that stuff. i would drink tea w/out added crap. but if that is the only way you'll drink it, probably better than nothing.
illinois Gama D.
on 2/16/12 5:29 am
I  think you are doing fine, I use the Crystal light also, but i also like lemon wedge  & a sweet & low packet( or what ever artifical sweetner you use)  it is hard for me to get in the fluids, keep on doing what you are doing, seems fine, at least you are getting in your water:)
lilbear412
on 2/16/12 5:43 am - MN
Yeah i use crystal lights and i drink propel zero and aquafina flavorsplash and green and black tea.  I am not a water drinker either so this has always been a thorn in my side but i will use the crystal lights..the great value brand is really cheap and they have some good mixes and so does the target brand.  and no such thing as dumb questions..
Btw..baby Silas is adorable..lol 

Laurie says:  Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind  ~~~ dr. suess

binebrinkrn
on 2/16/12 5:54 am - VA
During my preop classes, we were told to use crystal light, too. I also use Kellogs Special K2O protein water mix.  You get 5 gms of protein with every packet, so you kill 2 birds with one stone!!

MichelleNC
on 2/16/12 6:29 am
 My trainer makes a bucket literally of water w cucumbers and lemon wedges in it. It stays in her fridge always at the ready. Crystal light was recommended to me by my nut too!

Michelle
Did the happy dance onto the Loser's Bench March 18, 2013!

Visit my blog at http://skinnyundermyfat.blogspot.com/

Jennifer A.
on 2/16/12 7:41 am
I'm in the same boat. Ever since surgery 13 months ago, I can't stomache plain water. So I add one packet of generic Crystal Light to a 101 ounce water bottle every day. It's the only way I get all of my water in.

Mia H.
on 2/16/12 9:09 am - OH
 Crystal light was okay by my NUT too.  I am a tea drinker though.  I do like the Propel Zeros now and then. 

Samantha L.
on 2/16/12 11:16 am - Petaluma, CA
 Alright, as gross as this sounds.... I fill a 32 oz cup with ice, add the water and then.... add a Splenda.  I was drinking almost solely coffee (over ice with cream and protein) and I was just NOT getting enough actual water in.  I am now up to about 60 oz of water and then, of course, my two 32 oz coffee/protein drinks (only about 10 oz of it is coffee.. the rest is ice, really).  

As an added bonus, I have lost the weight I had gained (around 6 or 7 lbs).  I am back down to about 144.  

Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 50 replies · 504 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 468 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 409 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 46 replies · 420 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 101 views
Forum Search Error & 404