need help!!

jenfasano
on 2/21/12 7:04 am - CT
ok so i had a stricture, got it fixed, now have another one and am going to get it fixed monday.  Needless to say anyone who has experienced this knows you cant eat normally! Since my surgery on december 1 , 2011 NOTHING about this for me has been normal.  My question is and sorry if its dumb to some of you but... If we should be able to eat 1/4 or 1/2 a cup of food BUT our pouch is only the size of our thumb then how the heck do I fit that much food in my pouch???

HOW should I be eating , what size bite and how long  in between??? oh and btw please pray for me this will be the last time I have to have the procedure done!!  I just want to be able to eat SOMETHING!!!!

thanks jen

momsal
on 2/21/12 7:30 am - PA
I was told that my pouch is about the size of a plastic egg
Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 2/21/12 7:38 am - OH
Your pouch is about the length of your thumb, not the overall size of your thumb.  Overall, it is about the size of an egg.

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

Price S.
on 2/21/12 8:17 am - Mills River, NC
unlil your stricture is fixed, you need to concentrate on liquids and protein.  After that, 1/4c per meal, 6-8x a day, bites the size of a pencil eraser, chewed to nothing.  Progress from there, according to your plan. 

LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat  66 yrs young, 4'11"  hw  220, goal 120 met at 12 months, cw 129 learning Maintainance

Between 35-40 BMI? join us on the Lightweight board.  the Lightweight Board

Hattie T.
on 2/21/12 9:02 am - Denver, CO
Hi, Jen.

In my pre-op classes we were instructed to eat dime size bites (easy with baby food spoons).  We were instructed to put the spoon down, chew at least 30 times, and wait at least a minute between bites.  Stop eating after 20 minutes.  Do not drink within 30 minutes before, or after, eating.

I will tell you from personal experience that I am most successful with these instructions when I am no****ching T.V.   Also, I am a fan of  the book "Weight Loss Surgery for Dummies".

Sending a prayer your way,

Hattie
Htaylor46     HW 412, SW 386, CW 309, GW 190      
bubbylucy
on 2/21/12 10:25 pm - Raleigh, NC
I had a stricture that had to be dilated 5 times, so I know exactly how you are feeling. I lived on mashed potatoes with very finely chopped meat in it. That was the only food that I could keep down. I know potatoes are not the best choice for us early on but they saved my life. It was three months of hell but well worth it!!!!!!!! I was told to concentrate on the things that were possible at that time. I could not focus on solids or vitamins until it was cured. Keep up your liquids and concentrate on slider type foods, no more than 1/4-1/2 cup.

Good luck
Audra

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 552 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 537 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 424 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 335 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?