Two Years Out

Tere O.
on 2/21/12 10:53 am - West Saint Paul, MN

Hello All!
It has been two years and two months since I had RNY surgery. I am healthy and am still super glad that I had the surgery. At the most I've lost I was done 112 lbs. I'm 5'2". I am now 101 lbs down. Do the math, but I'm still below 150.

Here is what I am facing this far out. I still like sweets, bread, and want it all. I am not doing well with that. I will be honest. I saw my tummy pooching out. I saw a video saying I need 60 oz of  water, plus my milk, and I need 74g of protein A DAY. I admit I have been far from that. I've been coasting. I've noticed a large amount of junk food coming back in. As you know, this is NOT good.

Here is the plan...and what I have done today...More protein each day until I am up to my needed amount, More water each day until I am up to my needed amount. LESS coasting until I have stopped completely.

I am still taking my vitamins. and Biotin and D3 and Zinc.

I will do this. I have been given a beautiful opportunity. I will overcome!

g'nite all!
~Tere

...     ...             ...  ...                

seattledeb
on 2/21/12 2:35 pm
 Yup..it's a constant battle. 
I just can't have the stuff around me or I will eat it and you can graze all day on carbs.
Good luck.
Deb T.

dasie
on 2/21/12 6:55 pm

I know what you mean.  We can't let up...this is for life with the hard work just now beginning.

hedrider
on 2/22/12 1:34 am - Midlothian, TX
Good plan and great attitude.  I think the issue with being further out is 1 - we can eat more and 2 - we realize we can eat "taboo" things that we were afraid to try earlier out.

The answer of course is to never try those things and learn we can eat them... but since you have then your plan of getting back on track sounds like a great start,
Heather
Since 2008 my team has raised over $42,000 to fight breast cancer.

animal02
on 2/22/12 2:02 am
Tere,   hello,  I too am almost two years out, lost 146 pounds and feel great.   But for the last few months have allowed myself to take liberties with carbs and sweets.    Big mistake, now I crave sweet and have gained about 8 pounds and it isn't coming off easy.    I feel like I am struggling every day now.    I am comfortable where I am but feel that if I allow myself this gain that before I know it more will creep on until I am fat once again.    This tool is great, but I can't allow myself to ever forget it is only a tool and I am the one in charge of it and what goes in my mouth.    After reading a post yesterday my new motto is "I can do hard things"  and this is one of them, hard but doable and possible and I must make it happen for me, no one else, just me!    So to you I say hang in there and I will pray for you and hope you will pray for me cause we are in the same boat.   So grab a oar and paddle!  WE CAN DO IT!!!!
MaryMargaret C.
on 2/23/12 9:10 pm - Minneapolis, MN
First and foremost - HAPPY SURGEVERSARY!

Thank you for being there for me and continuing to be there for me.  It's is always a pleasure to see your smiling face on Saturdays, and we sure do have some deep conversations in regard to sugar/carb addictions.

Way to have a plan. It's just a lesson, isn't it?  But it sucks to go through them.

Peace,

MM

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 76 replies · 767 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 361 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 35 replies · 496 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 17 replies · 274 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?