Ujury Cheese Sauce

Stacy4442
on 2/27/12 9:50 am
Has anyone tried this product?  I just ordered some.  The reviews were excellent but I would like more opinions.  It is pricey but the label says 21 grams of protein in one scoop of sauce.  I would appreciate any other opinions. 

araulscd
on 2/27/12 10:03 am - MO
I bought some about a month ago and really like it. 

kittehkitteh27
on 2/27/12 10:11 am - Zebulon, NC
RNY on 01/18/12 with
I got some too. It's pretty good. I don't think it tastes like real cheese sauce by any means but I would equate it to the powdered cheese that comes in your standard box of mac n cheese. (If only I could actually put it on noodles.. lol)

~Kitteh~   Start 363 / Surgery 346 / Current 204.1 / Goal 150

CarolBeth
on 2/27/12 12:28 pm - SoCal, CA
It's like my other powdered proteins in that it tastes really good to me unless I smell it.  It has that "protein" smell that bothers me, but if I keep my nose away from it, I like it.  It is kinda rich--hard for me to eat an entire serving of 20 grams of protein.  I had it on veggies and quinoa. 
Carol - RNY July 11, 2011

Bellarella
on 2/27/12 10:04 pm
Agree with the others that it tastes like the powder cheese from mac-n-cheese boxes. And definitely agree on not smelling ANY of the protein powders! However, I have had "gastrointestinal distress" each time I've tried it. Much what I imagine dumping is like. I've tried it with a few different things and with smaller amounts to try to determine if it is the cheese sauce or the other food items but it must be the sauce. I haven't heard this happening with anyone else so maybe it's just me? Anyway, I hope it works for you as the reviews are generally really good.

Cleopatra_Nik
on 2/27/12 10:10 pm - Baltimore, MD
Let me know what you think. I've never liked the smell of Unjury and could not get past it to save my life! (The taste is just fine) I had visions of putting that stuff on popcorn to make protein popcorn.
CarolBeth
on 2/28/12 12:09 pm - SoCal, CA
Wish I'd known that.  I threw away half my bag, since I couldn't eat it all.  I'd have been happy to send you the remainder for experimentation.  However, if that smell bothers you, I don't think you'd be happy to eat this on popcorn....but maybe the yummy popcorn smell would help to cover that up???  Interesting idea.
Carol - RNY July 11, 2011

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 533 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 521 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 404 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 260 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 126 views