Need Help with Fage all natural Greek Yogurt

lillypond...
on 2/29/12 11:15 am
I have to take in more protein, everybody keeps talking non fat Fage Greek Yogurt, YUCK it is so nasty, Please can anyone tell me what can I put in it to make it taste better? I love the fact that it has 18 grams of protein, but I cannot get pass the taste, to me it taste like sour cream lol. Thank you in advance for all of your answers.
LJ1972
on 2/29/12 11:20 am - FL
ooh please don't try to eat it plain unless you are topping refried beans or the like with it! Blech!! (there are some folks who like it - not me!)
I like adding some sf preserves to it (couple Tbs yogurt, 1 of SF preserves). If I use strawberry preserves I slice up a strawberry in it. Lately I add a little Fiber One original cereal.
You can add sf cheesecake powder and SF torani syrup (I also add SF Smuckers strawberry topping). The amounts vary according to who you ask - I usually use 1/2c yogurt, Tbs or so of cheesecake, Tbs or so of the strawberry stuff. You can always add more yogurt if you overshoot the other goodies.

hlacy
on 3/1/12 4:21 am - Chandler, AZ
I enjoy the same mix-ins. SF preserves, Torani syrups, sliced fruit, and SF Cheesecake pudding mix! The other night, I heated half a Quest Apple Pie bar in the microwave for 15 secs. and topped it with some Fage/SF Cheesecake pudding mix. Protein packed dessert and yum!
"Keep a green tree in your heart and perhaps a singing bird will come"           

happy_baker
on 2/29/12 11:20 am
RNY on 02/15/12
 LoL! It tastes like sour cream because that's pretty much exactly what it is, just fermented with bacteria, rather than acid. A lot of cultures use greek yogurt as a substitute for sour cream, which is a good tip for post-oppers, too. 

I like greek yogurt mixed with a packet of splenda and a heaping spoonful of sugar-free jam. (Smucker's sugar free blueberry jam is only 10 calories per Tbsp.)   
_._._._._. _._._._._. _._._._._. _._._._._. _._._._._. _._._._._. _._._._._. _._._._._. 
Check out my video blog!  www.youtube.com/user/HappilyShrinking/videos
Highest weight: 269.  Surgery weight: 233.  Goal weight: 144, and then we'll see.. 
Bettisima
on 2/29/12 11:33 am
I use davinchi or torani sugar free syrups. I have a bunch of different flavors that I mix and match. I also add a TBS of sugar free instant pudding, cheesecake flavor. Very tasty.
A. C
on 2/29/12 11:54 am
i like it best mixed with JELLO SUGAR FREE CHEESECAKE mix and some splenda - has that sour taste.. just like cheesecake NOM NOM NOM
MrsP
on 2/29/12 12:26 pm - Bakersfield, CA
I like to add just about everything that has already been mentioned and if you like lemon pie you can add a packet of splenda and a little crystal light lemonaid powder mix, I also like to use it instead of sour cream for the whole family on their baked potatoes (kids don't even notice the difference) and when making vegtable dips to take on veggie trays to family gatherings.
pamelatx111
on 2/29/12 3:24 pm - TX
I like to add SF Jello flavors. A little lime, lemon, or Strawbarry Banana. The sky is the limit as to what you can add. Experiment and enjoy!

Laugh Often. Regret Nothing!                               Surgery date 7/18/11
samsander
on 2/29/12 3:41 pm - CA
I also do the Splenda/Jam thing!

Mary SW 273  CW 158  GW 160

hedrider
on 2/29/12 11:15 pm - Midlothian, TX
I prefer mine with fresh or frozen fruit (cherries is my fave but right now I'm using up some strawberries). I also add some Splenda and I top it all with a half ounce of Special K Protein cereal and some ground flax.

I will use it plain as a replacement for sour cream in meals or recipes.
Heather
Since 2008 my team has raised over $42,000 to fight breast cancer.

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 566 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 351 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 457 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 370 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 25 replies · 149 views
Recent Topics