My baby weight is STUCK on me!!

boomsheeka01
on 3/2/12 12:24 am - Killeen, TX
Ugh I am very discouraged! I gained 15lbs during my pregnancy. Which isnt bad, I know....

BUT

I really want to get back to 170 which is where I was before I got pregnant! I am so sick of seeing 187!!  I have been working out every day except Sat and Sun, and I eat very good every day with no to little snacking in between meals. But my scale says I havent lost anything at all!

I am getting so frustrated, and sometimes I wanna say forget it, but I keep going. It all feels like I am doing this for nothing! Boo....
   Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Cleopatra_Nik
on 3/2/12 12:37 am, edited 3/2/12 12:37 am - Baltimore, MD
Are you nursing or bottle feeding?

Initially breastfeeder’s are said to lose baby weight faster BUT my OB also told me your metabolism gets wonky. Your body becomes even more passionate about keeping reserves around to feed the baby! Yikes.

Also, what do you mean by no snacking? Three meals a day? If so, that, could be a problem. Or do you do several small meals a day?

Are you logging your food to know your caloric intake? Are you drinking your water? Taking your vitamins? SLEEPING? (that last is important. Women + stress (and lack of sleep is equivalent to physical stress) = cortisone (cortisol...one of those) production = stubborn belly fat for women.

Hugs. You’ll figure this out.

RNY Gastric Bypass 1-8-08 350/327/200 (HW/SW/CW). I spend most of my time playing with my food over at Bariatric Foodie - check me out!

laura_vermont
on 3/2/12 1:16 am
Nothing to add to Nik's advice.  Just wanted to say how beautiful your little man is! 

Laura
High Weight 278; consult weight 234; Surgery Weight 219 Surgeon's Goal Weight 150 -10/27/10  -  Personal goal weight 140 - Achieved 12/11/10  

Hillery82211
on 3/2/12 1:25 am - New Carrollton, MD
RNY on 08/22/11 with
Congrats on your new addition!!!

I just wanted to say that you just had a baby two months ago...but I've read that it takes most women (non-opts) up to 6 months to lose even 1/2 of the weight gained during pregnancy.  I think Hollywood has given us all a skewed view of how long it takes women to "snap" back after a baby...most women do not lose their baby weight that fast.  It seems like you're on the right track and I'm sure that you will lose those 15 pounds (I'm amazed at how little you gained!!!!) in no time. 

Enjoy that cutie in your siggy!!!  He is adorable!
HW & SW: 363     Surgery date: 8/22/11    
wynter57
on 3/2/12 1:39 am - Panama City, FL
I think you are doing fantastic, the fact that you only gained 15 lbs is amazing!! It will come off with hard work, I think baby weight is harder than regular weight to lose, but you'll do it. You still look great!!

Wynter
 VBG Surgery 4/17/1989 - Revision TO RNY 8/22/2011 - 4 Days Prior To Surgery WT: 309.5

ToNewBeginnings
on 3/2/12 4:18 am
You may want to try myfitnesspal.com or sparkpeople.com. 
I was surprised that I wasn't eating enough!

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 442 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 406 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 276 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 17 replies · 298 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 116 views
Recent Topics