Survey question for psychology paper

Rebecca G.
on 3/4/12 1:46 am - Wilmington, NC
Hi everyone! It's been a while since I've posted anything. I've been very busy with school and life.

I have a question to ask anyone who is interested in helping....

I am writing my  term paper for a psychology class on eating disorders. One part of it requires a quick survey.

I am trying to track to see how many people (we'll use readers of this board for the group number) actually had or almost had an eating disorder after surgery. 

At about month three after my RNY, I started down a dangerous path with my carb tracking and exercising too much. My doctor was very concerned and had to intervene as he felt I was heading toward anorexia.

If any of you had a similar experience and would like to share a brief summary, that would be awesome! 

april89love
on 3/4/12 2:15 am - NC
I have not had any eating disorders since surgery. I am very aware of what I need to eat, but that is it. Good luck on your paper.

Sandy

HW 225, SW 219, GW 140, CW 124

I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me!  

poet_kelly
on 3/4/12 2:16 am - OH
I did not.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

nfarris79
on 3/4/12 2:49 am - Germantown, MD
 Using exercise to compensate for caloric intake actually sounds more similar to bulimia.... But for survey's sake: I've not had an eating disorder postop, per se. I've had a life-long struggle with disordered eating (binge eating, rigid food "rules", compensatory behavior) that at times became fully-diagnosable bulimia, but have not felt pushed that way since surgery. I hope that answers your survey question. If not, feel free to PM me.

First ultra: Stone Mill 50 miler 11/15/14 13:44:38, First Full Marathon: Marine Corps 10/27/13 4:57:11Half Marathon PR 2:04:43 at Shamrock VA Beach Half-Marathon, 12/2/12 First Half-Marathon 2:32:47, 5K PR  Run Under the Lights 5K 27:23 on 11/23/13, 10K PR 52:53 Pike's Peek 10K 4/21/13(1st timed run) Accumen 8K 51:09 10/14/12.

boneswag
on 3/4/12 3:28 am
I did not.

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 3/4/12 4:21 am - OH
No issue here...

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

Lady Lithia
on 3/4/12 4:56 am
I never had a sane relationship with food, and WLS didn't change the relationship one bit. It just exacerbated the problem that was already there.

~Lady Lithia~ 200 lbs lost! 
March 9, 2011 - Coccygectomy!
I chased my dreams, and my dreams, they caught me!
giraffesmiley.gif picture by hardyharhar_bucket

boilerbabe003
on 3/4/12 6:05 am
No, I have not had an eating disorder after surgery.

AnneGG
on 3/4/12 6:32 am
I've been OK since surgery, but have had struggles with binge eating in the past. I still have lots of cravings in the evening and night.

"What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the master calls the butterfly." Richard Bach

"Support fosters your growth. If you are getting enough of the right support, you will experience a major transformation in yourself. You will discover a sense of empowerment and peace you have never before experienced. You will come to believe you can overcome your challenges and find some joy in this world." Katie Jay

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 76 replies · 768 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 363 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 35 replies · 496 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 17 replies · 275 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 15 replies · 88 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?