Marginal Ulcer

twingler
on 3/6/12 6:19 am - North Wilkesboro, NC
I was hospitalized at Christmas for a marginal ulcer.  It doesn't seem to be getting any better.  I am on protonix and carafate & hyrdocodone for pain.  Anyone else ahd a marginal ulcer?  Interested in talking to you about where all your pain was, how you felt and if it healed on its own.
rhondanewme
on 3/6/12 6:44 am - Grantsboro, NC
Sorry you're having problems. I was recently diagnosed with a "possible" marginal ulcer by an ER doc, but it turned out to be a hip flexor muscle! Took a chiropractor and an Urgent Care PA to finally accurately diagnose my problem! So I can't offer advice, but I did want to to say I hope it gets better soon. Hang in there.
ready_2_live
on 3/6/12 9:19 am - Niceville, FL
 I was scoped yesterday and the doctor confirmed yet another ulcer. I have had several ulcers since my RNY in Feb. 2010; either that or its the same one that keeps ALMOST healing and then flaring up again. My pain is in the middle of my upper abdomen, and when it gets really bad, it hurts all the way through to my back and even plain, room temperature water is excruciating. I take carafate and protonix and it eventually gets bearable and then it comes back again with a vengeance. I have never had one improve or heal on its own without the carafate and protonix. Carafate is a God-send; keep taking it. 
scho5
on 3/6/12 11:42 am - WI
 Me too! Without Carafate life would be extra tough!!   i also feel like the ulcers in my pouch are almost healed, then bang something get the going again. So frustrating. Keep on the journey all!
katm2g
on 4/27/12 12:21 pm - MA
I'm sorry you are having troubles ... I had a gastic bypass 6 weeks ago and I just got out of the hospital last week due to a marginal ulcer - I too am on protonix, carafate and hydrocodone ... before I was unable to drink liquids so became dehydrated, now I can drink but still can't eat much of anything. I'm hoping with time it heals, but I worry. Feel better soon! :)
Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 50 replies · 514 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 473 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 425 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 46 replies · 428 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 345 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?