Update, about the Selenium Level!!! For Vitamin Guru's

SunShine2010
on 3/13/12 5:28 am, edited 3/13/12 5:31 am - Ranson, WV
Re-tested today, so I am waiting for the results to come back... However, I seen my neurologist yesterday to find out some not so good news on top of this... The neurologist says the only way your Selenium level gets this high is:
1. Drinking well water... Answer is no I do not.
2. Taking a lot of vitamins... I only take the recommended amounts.
3. Eat a lot of salt... I do not eat salt.
4. Some is cooking for you & trying to posion you... I cook for myself.

So, we are re-testing and he said if the levels come back like the last one (10,760); then he will have to investagate because it could be something in my body that is posioning me... :(  I have really been through it the last few weeks... On top of that found out some other health problems / issues... Ugh  :(

poet_kelly
on 3/13/12 6:19 am - OH
Wow.  Let us know when you find out something.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

SunShine2010
on 3/13/12 7:11 am - Ranson, WV
Thanks Kelly, will do...

SunShine2010
on 3/27/12 11:17 am - Ranson, WV
Well Kelly, had the test redone it came back normal 115, so that was a relief to find out... However, the Vitamin A level is high like over 1400 which I thought was great, but the doctor told me to stop the Vitamin A for a month because to much Vitamin A can give you bad headaches.. So we will see how this goes, lol the headaches was here before the Vitamin A, so I do not think that the Vitamin A has anything to do with the headaches, but I am going to give it a try to see...

H.A.L.A B.
on 3/13/12 6:29 am
Not good... Good liuck finding out what is going on.

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

H.A.L.A B.
on 3/13/12 6:45 am

there is a note about some info:

Selenium Poisoning (Toxicity) - Total Body Formula Distributed by Total Body Essential Nutrition, Inc.

http://www.pritzkerlaw.com/section-unsafe-medical/medicines/ selenium-poisoning-toxicity.html

If that was so bad - who knows - maybe the vits you are taking have more than said on the label?  You may need to check that/

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 536 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 525 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 409 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 270 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 127 views
Recent Topics