Waiting, Waiting, Waiting....

Jennifer C.
on 3/15/12 12:03 am - TX
It seems that's all I ever do anymore... I have another 2 weeks or so before insurance HAS to give their answer... I'm really hoping its before then... the time seems to stand still since I'm waiting for a surgery date... I don't have anything to really take my mind off of it.. Luckily this weekend is the exception to that. We are getting away for the weekend to Dallas. We're going for a friend's wedding but non the less we are getting away... Hopefully this weekend will be so fun it will take my mind off the waiting... What are somethings others did while waiting to get approval from insurance?? Maybe I can use some of your inspiration....
310/296/135
HW/CW/GW

Kim S.
on 3/15/12 12:20 am - Helena, AL
I tried as much as possible to start changing my habits to my new way to prepare myself.  I began exercising regularly 6 months before surgery, stopped drinking soda, and stopped drinking while eating.  It was hard, but I'm so glad I did it because it made post surgery life that much easier.

It really feels like forever, but hang in there!  Try to enjoy every step of this process and make it positive for you!

Kim

Jennifer C.
on 3/15/12 12:36 am - TX
I've been working out at the gym for over a year now, I stopped all sodas, coffee ect ect several months ago, and I've been working at getting all my protien in already. During my psych consult a couple months ago, he gave me the advice to start changing my habits already. I would just make me that much more prepared and sucessful afterwards... :) Thanks for the advice...
310/296/135
HW/CW/GW

sweet-tart2012
on 3/15/12 12:49 am, edited 3/15/12 12:49 am - TX
RNY on 02/16/12
I worked on sipping my water.  Also taking 20 - 30 minutes to eat, taking small bites.  Not drinking while eating.  That was hard for me!  Hope you hear soon!

Kim S.
on 3/15/12 2:14 am - Helena, AL
Way to go!  You will surely be successful.

Try something new in exercise....like yoga or a really hard ab routine....give yourself fitness goals to meet while you wait.

kellyp3039
on 3/15/12 12:49 am
RNY on 03/05/12
 Hang in there.  It will be here before you know it.

(deactivated member)
on 3/15/12 3:14 am
I agree with the other people who posted but would add the following:

1. Figure out what you really enjoy eating and have a small amount of that in the weeks that follow. You may or not be able to ever eat them again. Don't go into hyper last supper syndrome but treat yourself a little, while still sipping water and exercising and preparing yourself for a major lifestyle change. Make peace with the fact it's normal to mourn food as a companion. Figure out what you will do instead to comfort or treat yourself (go for a walk, call a friend, etc.)

2. Make a list of reasons that you can add to as needed for why you are having the surgery. There will probably be times you question it. Get those reasons in writing so you know why you are having it, everything from the big reasons to the most mundane.

3. Keep a journal to record your thoughts and feelings and struggles about your life right now. You can review it later and be amazed at how things have changed. Some things won't and that's OK.

4. If you haven't already done so, review your firendships and see if there are any that revolve around bad habits you don't want to do such as overeating or drinking to excess. If needed, start thinking about ways to meet people who will be supportive of your surgery decision. I went on meetup and joined a women's walking group for instance.

5. Be on this forum as much as you can to learn as much as  you can so you are informed about the risks and benefits of surgery and so most of your questions are answered.

Best of luck to you and I hope you get an approval soon!
Skinnygirlme
on 3/15/12 6:48 am - UT
RNY on 09/05/12
I'm in the same boat as you. I am going crazy waiting too.  However, you are at least waiting for your insurance to answer. I'm still in my 6 mo. diet phase.  I hope this next while goes by really fast for you...and me too! Good Luck! I keep telling myself it will be here before I know it!
  I believe in me...the best is yet to be!                        
Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 409 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 351 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 419 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 404 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 351 views