1 year april 12th...back to bad habits

melissa22886
on 3/22/12 10:07 am, edited 3/22/12 10:08 am
Well april 12th, 2012 will be one year since surgery. Did wonderful up until November when I started birth control lo lo estrin fe. Weight loss stalled, bad eating habits caught up to me once I started taking that. As well as not losing any weight since being on it. I know I can't blame that all on that either, I should be able to be strong mentally to tell myself NO. Protein came last, carbs came first as well as sugar. I don't dump, I guess if I eat too many carbs or sugars I do get tired and a racing heart doesn't last too long. I went from 286lbs start for surgery, and I am down to averaging between 176 and 180. I need to get another 30lbs off. But this won't happen if I can't get myself back on track. I know I have done well this far. I just need to get myself back on track. Summer is coming, warm weather and I need to get to the gym. I am going to be starting the gym again probably within a week. I just need encouragement. Did anyone else slip off and get themself back on the right track. I'm always hungry and I know i eat more then I should. Granted I definitely can't eat as much as i used to. Snacking is a problem, but I tend to snack on fruits. My blood work is all fantastic though and I don't always remember my vitamins but never had perfect bloodwork in all my life until 6 months ago. So I am happy about that. Surgeon says I am doing great weight loss wise. 

I am wondering if this is hopeless to get the last 30lbs off. Since my honeymoon stage is over, if I go back to 100+ grams of protein shakes or more will I be able to lose more weight, and how much on average?

[IMG]http://i39.tinypic.com/m9reh5.jpg[/IMG]

There is a picture of me from the other day. Makes me look thinner then I really am but that's ok lol.

[IMG]http://i41.tinypic.com/25hn6t1.jpg[/IMG]

that's a before and after from a little over a month ago

[IMG]http://i44.tinypic.com/2z9cx9v.jpg[/IMG]

and that is about 2 weeks ago. literally in 1 pants leg

hope all the pictures show up. not sure how to do it.

long story short, I do need advice on how to get back on the right track, and would love to hear from those who got off track like me and how they got back on it 

A. C
on 3/22/12 10:24 am
hey - i'm trying to get back on track too - i believe we can do this. i don't know about the last 30lbs for you - maybe someone else can give you better advice about that - but just wanted to say thanks for posting, it takes courage to admit when you've messed up so thanks
ddematteis
on 3/22/12 10:34 am - FL
 momentary lapse does not make you a failure it makes you human.  You've made it so far dont give up you can do it.  
nfarris79
on 3/22/12 10:32 am - Germantown, MD
 Bummer, the photos didn't work out!

If your surgeon is proud of you, if you've been able to meet other goals, then isn't it all worth it? You know what you gotta do, and you're strong enough to have made it this far, so have faith that you'll be able to get yourself back on track for life

First ultra: Stone Mill 50 miler 11/15/14 13:44:38, First Full Marathon: Marine Corps 10/27/13 4:57:11Half Marathon PR 2:04:43 at Shamrock VA Beach Half-Marathon, 12/2/12 First Half-Marathon 2:32:47, 5K PR  Run Under the Lights 5K 27:23 on 11/23/13, 10K PR 52:53 Pike's Peek 10K 4/21/13(1st timed run) Accumen 8K 51:09 10/14/12.

melissa22886
on 3/22/12 10:35 am
 anyone know how to post pictures on it correctly i don't know how lol

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 3/22/12 11:30 am - OH
 The only way I know to post pics is to upload the pics to your OH Profile, open a separate browser session, and then copy the pics from your profile and paste into your message.  If you use Mozilla Firefox, though, you may have trouble... But it works fine in Internet Explorer.  

(I have not tried it on my MacBook laptop which uses Safari,  but I haven NOT been able to do it on my iPad, even using the link or URL options.)

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 3/22/12 11:08 am - OH
 Your honeymoon phase is NOT over... Assuming that you mean the period of malabsorption.  Yes, your loss will be significantly slower since you have now lost more than half of the initial malabsorption, but you still have some (and you still have the restriction of your pouch).

You know what the problems ae and how to remedy them (protein first, limited carbs, more physical activity, modified snacking) so you just need to put it into practice.  I am 4.5 years out and when my weight creeps up more than 5 pounds, I have to "buckle down" and cut out the treats and excess carbs to get it back off.  If I can do it (with my malabsorption period long gone and limited ability to exercise because of a knee that needs replaced), you can do it, too.

Remember... protein first ALWAYS, limited carbs, NO drinking wih meals.

I would like to make one suggestion, though... Make your snacks planned and make at least one of them protein based instead of fruit.  Protein will keep you fuller longer than fruit (and, depending on what tupe of protein and what fruit it is replacing, may be lower in calories and carbs).

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

(deactivated member)
on 3/22/12 11:14 am - NJ
 I swear it's something in the pill - I went on it breifly to control my period and literaly gained 5 pounds in two weeks - I am convinced the pill makes you crave carbs, just like the time right before you get your period (at least that's how I get). 

Also, with the amount of malabsorption you have going on now, the pill may not be so effective.

I went right off of it (my tubes are tied).

If you haven't had any or are planning on having more kids - there are other options besides getting your tubes tied.
LiciaLou
on 3/22/12 11:20 am - Central, FL
RNY on 08/29/12
Oh you have been doing so well, don't beat yourself up. 100 lbs in a year is a success. You still have the tool and you know what needs to be done to get back on track. Don't let this setback define your journey. Just refocus and start again. Good Luck ! 

Alicia ~ HW 307 ~ SW 287 ~ GW 135 ~ CW 160

seattledeb
on 3/22/12 11:27 am
 Carbs first=always hungry
Protein first= feeling full longer.
Try it. 
Deb T.

Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 50 replies · 505 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 472 views