pain

Kristina679
on 3/26/12 8:02 am - Somerville, MA
RNY on 03/20/12
question one of my  incisions  sites is very hard around were the staples are is this normail? i am so scared somethimg wrong 
Michelle M.
on 3/26/12 10:57 am
RNY on 03/19/12
Ugh, I just got home from my surgeon's office a couple of hours ago. I had my surgery Monday, 3/19 and ended up with an infection in an incision. It was warm to the touch, very swollen, almost hard, reddish pink, and oozing bloody plasma. This just started last night so I made sure I got to the surgeon today. I was hoping for an antibiotic and to be sent on my way, but the dr numbed it and cut it open with a scalpel to drain and pressed around to make sure everything was out. Then he packed it with gauze and I have to go back tomorrow to get it checked. So don't wait!!! Good luck to you, I am hoping that now I can start to heal, I've been in pain since the surgery.
Kristina679
on 3/26/12 11:25 am - Somerville, MA
RNY on 03/20/12
 i called my doctor he said that it was ok  it is beuase of all the scar tissue i had from my c-section and i to see  him on thurs to  get the staples out 
qnmimi
on 3/26/12 1:05 pm - Cottage Grove, MN
Some inflammation is normal. Is the site warm or oozing? Those are symptoms you may need to be seen earlier, and especially if you are running a fever.

Kristina679
on 3/27/12 5:07 am - Somerville, MA
RNY on 03/20/12
 i had a fever today so  called the  doctors and went in i had  infection in an incision. now i am on  antibiotic i am so glad i  went in 
Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 342 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 380 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 473 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 390 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 5 replies · 30 views
Recent Topics