My One Year

Traci Burgess
on 3/29/12 4:13 am - Anchorage, AK
Today is my one year anniversary.  It has been a crazy yet wonderful year.  When I started this adventure I totally regretted having this surgery done.  I was afraid I'd never be able to eat again lol.  As the months went by I learned that I can still eat but just not as much.  The one thing I do regret is that I can eat anything I want.  As everyone knows,  we have surgery on our stomachs not our brains and that has caused me problems.  I thought I was mentally ready for this.  I had convinced myself that I could make the changes needed to succeed.  I was so wrong.  Although I have lost 83 pounds since I began this journey I feel like I have failed myself by not learning to use this tool to the best of my ability.  I have no one to blame but myself and I am the only one that can get on track and continue to lose weight.  I know I still have some time,  I just need to get my butt in gear and turn my thinking around. 

Anyways,  I try everyday to be thankful for the weight I have lost,  the medication I don't have to take anymore and the energy I have to play with my grandkids.  To those people thinking of having this surgery or those who have just had surgery,  please do not try to cheat the process.  Follow the rules and stay away from the triggers.  Saying "just one little bite won't hurt me" is the wrong way to think. 

Good luck and thank you to all the people on this board.  I don't post alot but I do get allot of great advise and ideas from everyone.

Traci.
ladyhoneybee6
on 3/29/12 4:18 am
RNY on 01/30/12
Congrats

newmerightnow
on 3/29/12 4:24 am - AK
It is not an easy journey, but you are doing great and you should be very proud that you have lost 83 pounds. Congratulations to you!
Marianne H.
on 3/29/12 4:25 am - Alanson, MI
Revision on 03/31/15
 Congrats on your weight loss and good luck with the rest of your journey!

Momma2nicknmike
on 3/29/12 4:33 am - Beavercreek, OH
 Hi Traci,
   Congrats on your weight loss!!  I could have written your post my self, although I never regretted having this surgery--I find that I am not as diligent as I should be with what I eat.  I have lost 75 lbs and would really like to lose another 10 to get to my goal weight, but I have been at this weight for at least 3 months and think this might just be it.  I really need to get my rear in gear too and start eating better!   Good luck to us both!
Lynne

Lynne    

Skinnygirlme
on 3/29/12 5:50 am - UT
RNY on 09/05/12
 You CAN DO THIS! good luc****ep going forward!!!
  I believe in me...the best is yet to be!                        
Traci Burgess
on 3/29/12 6:01 am - Anchorage, AK
Thanks everyone. It's nice to have so much support and encouragement.
keepitoff91
on 3/29/12 9:26 pm
We are weight loss surgery sisters. I have "stalled" at 82 lbs lost for three months. I also want to lose
10 more lbs, but can eat anything and have picked up some bad habits that make it really difficult. My own fault though.

Maybe we should form a "last 10 lbs" club?

Traci Burgess
on 3/30/12 5:22 am - Anchorage, AK
I'm all for that.  I've decided that when my house quiets down next week I'm going to cut sugars and limit carbs.  Also my husband and I signed up for a new gym so I'm hoping that helps as well.  If you need to chat please feel free to message me.  I think its a good idea working with someone that is in the same boat. 

We can do this.

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 481 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 441 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 46 replies · 443 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 394 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 110 views