How is everyone toning and shaping up???

RainDiva
on 3/29/12 4:30 am
I am almost 6 months and need to start toning big time.
Any suggestions?

I am going to curves 3-4 times a week and zumba once a week

happy_baker
on 3/29/12 4:39 am
RNY on 02/15/12
I guess that would depend on what your definition of "tone" is.
To me, toning is shaping your figure. Building muscle in the right places, lengthening and rounding out various areas with specific target exercises.

I still have enough fat that you can't really see my muscles, so even though they're there and I have a good amount, toning isn't something I'm doing right now. Still trying to just burn the fat so I can see the muscle. Then I'll start toning once I'm not so concerned about losing fat.

To lose the fat, I alternate exercises. I run, work the elliptical, lift weights, swim, and do deep water aerobics.
_._._._._. _._._._._. _._._._._. _._._._._. _._._._._. _._._._._. _._._._._. _._._._._. 
Check out my video blog!  www.youtube.com/user/HappilyShrinking/videos
Highest weight: 269.  Surgery weight: 233.  Goal weight: 144, and then we'll see.. 
newmerightnow
on 3/29/12 4:41 am, edited 3/29/12 4:43 am - AK
So far so good. No loose skin yet. I am 42, and I starting working out at 3 months. I am now 5 1/2 months out.

I do water aerobics M, W, F, & S and lift weights for 1 hour on M, W, & F. I also run/walk on a treadmill on Sat morning before I go to the pool. On T & Th I do the elliptical for 30 min and work out on my Wii to the Biggest Loser video. Every pound of muscle you gain to will burn extra calories you consume. Best of luck!

I still have a lot of fat, but I am hoping their is some muscle under it all...LoL.
wvugal89
on 3/29/12 4:42 am - MD
I take 2 or 3 Barre classes a week and 2 TRX Suspension Training classes. I love them both and am seeing amazing results~

Teri-Lynn
POI

MichelleNC
on 3/29/12 6:27 am
 My mom swears swimming she had little excess going from 250 to 113 when she was in her 20's. I will be swimming!

Michelle
Did the happy dance onto the Loser's Bench March 18, 2013!

Visit my blog at http://skinnyundermyfat.blogspot.com/

kittehkitteh27
on 3/29/12 9:21 am - Zebulon, NC
RNY on 01/18/12 with
I think that when I exercise my fat is pulling on my skin harder from all the bouncing and worry that it will contribute to a worse excess skin problem. Swimming would eliminate that because the buoyancy of the fat would negate the effect of gravity. 

I don't like to swim in public so maybe I'll just have to get like a tight spandex bodysuit to wear during exercise to keep things from stretching. lol. 

Its kind of the same principle behind wearing a bra. If you don't wear one for a while, things get stretched out and hang down more. I should know.. I refused to wear a bra for all of eleventh grade and I regret it every day! (I'm only 30.. I shouldn't have saggy boobies! lol)

~Kitteh~   Start 363 / Surgery 346 / Current 204.1 / Goal 150

hedrider
on 3/29/12 6:48 am - Midlothian, TX
 Yoga.  It's worked wonders for my body.
Heather
Since 2008 my team has raised over $42,000 to fight breast cancer.

AlohaJen
on 3/29/12 7:38 am
RNY on 09/05/12
I am in the ins approval stage now and hoping to have my surg in Sept. I am very concerned about the flabby skin, cellulite thing too. I am at 282 now, a few years ago I was over 310 and have plenty of loose skin just from losing 50 lbs.  We have a treadmill and an elliptical trainer too , but i can only do about 4 minutes on that thing before it feels like my thighs will combust. Does that get easier just with the weight loss or did most of you do the elliptical thing before?

HW 304   SW 258  CW 199  GW  160?

newmerightnow
on 3/29/12 2:07 pm - AK
Before WLS I could only do 3-4 mins on the elliptical and 10 tops on the treadmill or I thought I was going to have a heart attack. Before the WLS my normal pulse was always in the 100, now it run in the 60-70...Amazing! I can run, do the elliptical with no problems. It is truly a miracle.
(deactivated member)
on 3/29/12 7:46 am - waukesha, WI
We have the same surgery date!  I am doing ellipitical, bike and treadmill 3 to 4 times a week.  I lift weights 2 to 3 times a week and swim 2-3 times a week.  I have skin that sags..........nothing but surgery is going to fix,
Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 566 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 350 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 457 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 370 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 15 replies · 86 views
Recent Topics