? stricture, ?dehydrated

sknd34
on 4/1/12 12:01 am - West Fargo, ND
I had surgery in November of 2011. I ended up having 3 dilatations in the first 6.5 weeks due to a stricture. Since that time things have been going fairly well with regards to eating until about 2 weeks ago. Started to notice that dense meats (chicken, hamburger, etc) weren't going quite as well as before. I also started noticing that I couldn't get the fluids to go down as easily as before (I filled up a lot quicker than I had). Is it possible to get a repeat stricture this far out?  Also had a blasted headache for 1.5 days now that won't go away. Assuming this is from dehydration even though I have been getting at least 60 oz in daily. Left work early last night due to this headache and still have it this morning. Debating about trying to ride it out at home or go to the ER.
Original weight 285. Lowest weight 210. Revision weight 249. Size 24W
Current weight 210 as of February 23, 2012!!!
Current size 16-18 as of February 25, 2012!!!
TysCandi
on 4/1/12 12:16 am
I would contact your surgeon ASAP and inform him or her about what is going on and see if they suggest going to the ER....However, if you feel that bad going to get it checked out to have peace of mind might be something you want to do...

HW: 326  SW: 312  GW:140

poet_kelly
on 4/1/12 3:50 am - OH
It's possible to get a stricture at any point, it's just not common to get one more than a couple months out.  Why do you assume you're dehydrated if you're getting that much fluid?

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

sknd34
on 4/1/12 7:10 am - West Fargo, ND
Here are the reasons I think I'm dehydrated:
1 headache - never get headaches unless I've been dehyrdated
2. Lips cracks regardless of how much chapstick I use.
3. Muscle aches - really been having trouble recovering from workouts.
4.Dizzy with position changes
5. reduced amount of urine
6. fatigue
7. constipatoin

Just got home from the ER where I got Dilaudid, Benadryl, and Compazine for my headache and a bag of fluid. All my labs looked good.
Steph
Original weight 285. Lowest weight 210. Revision weight 249. Size 24W
Current weight 210 as of February 23, 2012!!!
Current size 16-18 as of February 25, 2012!!!
Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 541 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 526 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 414 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 292 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 128 views
Recent Topics