Went to ER last night

kait8513
on 4/4/12 9:25 pm - FL
RNY on 02/06/12
So I am 8 weeks out.... I went to the ER yesterday because I thought my constant nausea/ throwing up, etc could have been a stricyure.  They took Xrays while I drank stuff (that I kept throwing up).... they said no stricture, but where my pouch meets my instestines is inflamed, SOOOOO I am back on a  liquid diet :(  Not that I haven't been for the past few days any how---- she did prescribe me some anti-nausea meds and they filled my poor dehydrated body with fluids and potassium (I was SOOOOO  low).  So I am off to work just feeling like I didn't get many answers and I still feel blah.....  I want to feel normal again and not puke every time I smell food!
--Kaitlyn
Starting Weight:275     Surgery Weight:255   "That which does not kill us makes us stronger" 

MikesJulie
on 4/4/12 9:34 pm - MA
RNY on 02/07/12

I am so sorry you are going thru this... i hope you are better soon.   I will say a prayer for you .

Best Wishes

Julie

(HW) 246 (Pre op weight loss) 9lbs (Surgery weight) 237  (1mo) 19lbs
sweet-tart2012
on 4/4/12 9:39 pm - TX
RNY on 02/16/12
Hope the anti-nausea meds work!!   Best wishes

Rejoyce
on 4/4/12 10:13 pm - Dayton, OH
Kaitlyn,

I am so sorry you are going through this.  Hopefully you will be better soon.  I, too, will say a prayer for you.  Keep us posted!

Joyce
Life is just a stage I'm going through...
HW:253  SW: 230  CW: 170  GW: 140

Calliou
on 4/4/12 10:33 pm
RNY on 03/27/12
Oh no!!! I hope and pray you feel better real soon!

blackchristianswan
on 4/4/12 11:31 pm - MD
RNY on 03/19/12
I pray you are feeling better and can make it through work.  Keep us updated.
--Shamicka

unewillow
on 4/5/12 3:31 am - CT
You need to call your surgeon, because if your gastric outlet is so swollen that you can't get anything to pass throught there, even liquids at 2 months out, then you may need to be dilated. The inflamation will eventually cause a stricture if not taken care of.

rbb825
on 4/5/12 10:58 am - Suffern, NY
You can have a stricture at any site where there is a new connection including your pouch to the intestinges -it isnt as common but possible.  If it is inflammed and food cant get out, you will vomit.  Being on a liquid diet to let the inflamation go down is a good idea but if it doesnt work, it might have to be stretched which is tougher being lower down.  It can be down.         YOu need an endoscopy to see exactly what is going on

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 568 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 357 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 33 replies · 245 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 458 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 375 views
Recent Topics