Pureed Stage - What did you eat?

slashes
on 4/5/12 3:05 am
I am putting together a post on my blog featuring lots of ideas for what people ate during the Pureed Stage of their diet. This is always a tough stage and so many are looking for ideas to help them through. I am going to compile them all into a post.

I would love to hear what you ate during this stage and any recipes you may have to share.

Just post them below, thanks so much !!!!

Here are some of the things I ate during that stage:

Laughing Cow Low Fat Swiss Cheese Wedges
Refried Beans
Egg Salad
Ricotta Cheese
Mashed Potatoes
Pureed Cauliflower

Follow My Gastric Bypass Story
This is where I share it all - The Good, The Bad and The Ugly

RNY: 01-23-2012 Weight day of Surgery - 286lbs ~ Weight as of 09-13-2013 164lbs

Dragonfly Dreamer
on 4/5/12 3:14 am, edited 4/5/12 3:15 am - Canada
Mashed sweet potato
Canned: tuna, ham, chicken, turkey...
Yogurt
1% milk, or skimmed
apple sauce: unsweetened
cheerios soaked in milk
sugar free pudding
cream based soups
coffee/tea
poached eggs
scrambled eggs

I was also allowed to have melba toast and soda crackers
Lisssy
on 4/5/12 3:44 am
 Boiled veggies and blend it 
Pouch egg
Jello
Just pure most of the healthy food and u will be okay 
Make sure it's more protien based .. Best of luck 

grmadeb01
on 4/5/12 6:01 am - FL
scrambled eggs with ham, cheese, or taco meat in it, tuna salad, egg salad, greek yogurt, cheese, cottage cheese salad...it was a rough 2 weeks, but thats all, i also was allowed fruit so i ate watermelon alot...i didnt want to eat anything that wasnt already close to that...also spaghetti sauce with cheese on it, kinda like fake lasagana...i still eat that now.. at a year post op..
debby
BWB
on 4/5/12 12:41 pm
Chicken processed with cream of chicken/cream of asparagus/ cream of broccoli, add herbs.
SF lime jello w/ cottage cheese, low fat cream cheese, and touch of lite mayo. I still make this and add SF pears (not pureed).
A simple chicken salad.
Chocolate pudding.
Chicken veggie soup. I like it with lots of chicken and a little broth.
Broccoli, cheese, onion, enough cream of mushroom soup so that it is like mashed potatoes.
I love split peas soup with onion, mushrooms, small amt of carrots, and herbs. I make it thick with bits of ham. The NUT later told me I shouldn't eat it because it was too high in carbs. Too late.
I also made a spread of shrimp, cream cheese, green onions, parsley, a dollop of lite mayo, and dressed up my scrambled eggs.

Leisa L.
on 4/5/12 12:49 pm - long beach, CA
RNY on 03/19/12 with
THANK YOU for asking this question!

I am now heading into this stage and was wondering what I was going to eat beyond the simple things on my list.  Now I have a nice variety of things and am not worried about burning out at this stage.
I am supose to do each stage for 3 weeks according to my Dr. so I am sticking to that time line.

Again, Thank you very much.

MrsLitch
on 4/5/12 1:13 pm - Morris, IL
RNY on 06/04/12
I think I'd add a caveat that foods should be discussed with the NUT or Dr. As many things on many of the lists I've seen are not approved in the plan my doctor wants me to follow. Not that we will always stick exactly to the dr's plan but still best to check if you trust your doctor for results. Just my .02
Leisa L.
on 4/5/12 1:30 pm - long beach, CA
RNY on 03/19/12 with
 I totally agree with you Mrs. Litch.  I was just glad to get some new idea's to ask him about.

Thanks

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 541 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 526 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 414 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 292 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 128 views