birth control

Kristina679
on 4/10/12 4:03 am - Somerville, MA
RNY on 03/20/12
 I went to the doctors today and they  gave me the pill i am not sure if this is the right thing or not beasuse the doctor said that i could take it  please help. condoms will not work i dont like the feel of them any more 

GeminiSnake
on 4/10/12 4:07 am
RNY on 03/20/12
I read a lot of posts about BC and I see the ultimate choice would be a IUD.... I'm really needing some sort of BC and I won't take any pills or shots and having a plastic device in me (IUD) kind of freaks me out... and condoms are a no go for us....  I don't know any other options since I listed most of them....

I'm still on the hunt for an answer! LOL

On2BetterThings
on 4/10/12 4:19 am - Germantown, WI
RNY on 04/03/12
 implanonnnn! lol
    RNY 04*03*12

(deactivated member)
on 4/10/12 4:59 am
what about the BC patch? I don't know anyone who has used it and I'm not sure of the effectiveness of it over certain weights but it might be an option. I have my yearly check up in a few weeks and I'm going to ask about it so I have a plan in place for when I have surgery.
Kristina679
on 4/10/12 4:09 am - Somerville, MA
RNY on 03/20/12
 i was going to  get an iud  but i am  waiting for that  beause  i dont want to  come out or shift 
On2BetterThings
on 4/10/12 4:17 am - Germantown, WI
RNY on 04/03/12
 get the implanon!!!! its amazing really. it keeps my face amazingly clear as a plus! :)
    RNY 04*03*12

Karly Green
on 4/10/12 4:52 am - Middletown, NJ
The consensus mostly is the pill is no good for us because our bodies don't absorb them the same way unless they are chewable BC pills, Which I've heard of, but don't know anything about.

I'd say if you don't want something implanted in you to look into the NuvaRing. You insert it every 3 weeks. Remove it for a week to get your period, then put a new one in. I had it for 2 months and didn't love it so I went with the Mirena IUD instead and I'm very happy with that.

Good luck!

Watch what I eat at myfitnesspal.com username karkar28
(deactivated member)
on 4/10/12 5:02 am
I was reading about implanon and the merck (I think it was merck?) website info says they don't know if it is as effective for overweight women because they haven't done studies using it with overweight women.
hoosierapple
on 4/10/12 5:07 am
Revision on 06/05/18

I met with my gyno last week about this issue so I would be prepared and have a plan after surgery.   She told me that the BCP (non-estrogen)  I am on will be fine...  she has had many patients who have had the surgery and malabsorption has not been an issue with it.   For me personally, I am going to follow her advice, after all this is her field of expertise.  

I would suggest you meet with your gyno and get his/her input.   

Good Luck!

seattledeb
on 4/10/12 5:09 am
 I don't have birth control issues but I've been on this board  a long time and have seen plenty of women posting they were pregnant when using the pill. My doctor recommended 2 forms of birth control.
Losing weight really increases your fertility.
Deb T.

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 364 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 287 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 388 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 480 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 400 views