finally a call to meet the surgeon

brockliebeans
on 4/15/12 9:55 am
well i finally got a call to go and meet my surgeon.. june 29/12 ugggg.. lol ... seems so far away.. and who knows when they r going to be able to book the surgery... here in canada its along process... my doctor recommended me to the assessment centre mar30/11.. i am a bit dissappointed cuz i was led to believe that my surgery would have been in march/12 and here i am waiting..tough decision.. i am still going to have my surgery but i have no idea when and we have a family vacation booked to disney the end of aug./12 so what do i do.????break my daughters heart and cancel the vacation or wait till after.. i look at it this way.i have been  waiting this long what is a few more months.. i have changed all my bad habits... and i know what i must do.. i just didin't really want to drag this fat ass through disney.. lol.. trying to stay positive.. anyone else been waiting forever???? oh well..i love reading all the posts.. makes it easier when i know that i am not alone..
Happysmile
on 4/15/12 10:09 am
Hi Brockliebeans.
I am meeting with my surgeon in May and can't wait to get my date.. I was told that the process takes approximately six month. From orientation to surgery and to remember that it's only a guideline from the hospital. Good luck. I totally understand. I am to trying to figure out summer vacation plans as well.
Dragonfly Dreamer
on 4/15/12 12:28 pm - Canada
 I had my orientation in July 2011 and I had surgery March 12th 2012 .. its along process
brockliebeans
on 4/17/12 7:32 am
thanks for your relpy and good luck to you .stephanie
Dragonfly Dreamer
on 4/15/12 12:27 pm - Canada
Hi. I had my surgery in Toronto.I met my surgeon in the beginning of Jan and I had my surgery March 12th. I was also led to believe that I would have had my surgery sometime in October of 2011. Your right when you say its a long progress. I had to wait a total of 18 months. Are you having your surgery in Ontario?
brockliebeans
on 4/17/12 7:28 am
hi, thanks for the relpy... yes i live in ontario and am going to have my surgery in toronto..i had originally picked guelph but they said the wait was 4-6 weeks for toronto.. i had my surgery class feb 3/12 and now i have to wait till june29/12 just to meet my surgeon. who is Dr. jackson.so by the time i finally have my surgery i will be like you 18 months from beginning to end... :)how is every thing going for you since your surgery//?tell me whatever u can.. i love to hear other people's stories.. thanks for your time.. stephanie
Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 538 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 525 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 409 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 275 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 127 views
Recent Topics