15 months out and looking good. Spouse hates my guts

Fatback2
on 4/20/12 4:24 pm
Hey wife said I changed.  I don't take sht anymore.  Can't tell me nothing. 
I got so much energy, I can't slow down.  Still can't eat much at dinner, but can eat small meals throughout the day.  The surgery was worth it, but I think you get a whole perception on life.  Quit my job, started my own business.  Can't look back now.
dawnie55
on 4/20/12 4:52 pm - Garden Grove, CA
i had my surgery in 11-21-11 and tomorrow will be 5 months out .I know i have changed but for the better..I try talking to my husband about whats going on with me..he doesnt want to pay attention to me..I have no regrets what so ever..doing this surgery..In 5 months i have lost 54 pounds..and i feel good about it...
summerjoyZ
on 4/20/12 9:56 pm - TN
 I am 2 1/2 months out and have lost 59.7 pounds. I am changing, but not in a bad way. I feel so much better and I look so much better. I will just keep on feeling good. Good luck with the new business. 

april89love
on 4/21/12 2:37 am - NC
Weight loss does affect our relationships, but this can be worked through. Maybe counseling would be a good idea? I know the last year has been a little rough at times in my relationship with my husband, the hormone dumping was ugly. We have persevered and are back in sync. Anything worth having takes work. Praying for you and your wife.

Sandy

HW 225, SW 219, GW 140, CW 124

I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me!  

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 4/21/12 3:15 am, edited 4/21/12 3:15 am - OH
I don't know you at all, so I am just talking in generalities, so please don't be offended.  Losing a large amount of weight CAN cause major personality changes in some people.  Although those changes are usually positive (increased self-esteem often causes people to advocate more for themselves or refuse to continue to be treated poorly by others), but sometimes they are negative (that same increased self-esteem, along with anger over being treated differently without the excess weight, can cause some people to become abrasive, demanding, or take an "it's my way or the highway" approach).  I had a client once who lost 200 pounds (without surgery) and basically turned into an "I am going to do whatever I want to do whenever I want to do it, and no one can stop me" person, even though that meant she was alienating everyone in her life and neglecting her children.  Yet she maintained that she had not changed at all, that others were just jealous of her new body or wanted to "keep her down",

It sounds like the changes you are making are positive ones, but you might want to take a look at the "I don't take **** anymore" just be sure that it means that you are standing up for yourself against legitimate poor treatment from others versus just being difficult if others don't agree with you.  Again, I don't know you, so I am not making any judgments, just making a suggestion that might help you improve your relationship with your wife.

Lora

10 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
JuniperBerry · 64 replies · 826 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
JuniperBerry · 61 replies · 651 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
JuniperBerry · 54 replies · 558 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 19 replies · 277 views
What products do you suggest
Alexpope · 16 replies · 178 views
What's on your Saturday Menu?