Need chocolate or vanilla protein shake favorite brands

owlisn
on 4/22/12 8:10 am - NC
 I currently have Strawberry Shortcake and Mint Chocolate Bariatric Fusion shakes.  I am looking for either plain chocolate or plain vanilla so that I can mix things in.  I have found that if they smell like protein, I won't be able to stand them.

Please let me know your favorite brands.
Allison

nomorechunkydunkin
on 4/22/12 8:17 am - FL
I really like EAS 100% protein in either chocolate or vanilla. 23 grams of protein and 3 grams of carbs. I have mixed them with almond milk and love them plain or by using a few different recipes.

I hope that helps!

Lora
Sonogrrl
on 4/22/12 8:22 am
RNY on 05/22/12
Isopure dutch chocolate is my favorite so far...it's low carb (not zero carb like some of the others, but still really low). I have yet to find a vanilla I truly love. I get Isopure at GNC.
RNY 5/22/12      27.5.bs lost pre-op      
lesserman
on 4/22/12 8:49 am - Chicago, IL
What sonogrrl said.

ISO-PURE Low Carb Dutch Chocolate...50g of protein in 12 oz. of Lactaid fat-free milk...59g of protein total. I get mine at GNC...

No smell really and it tastes great (No smell!!  Tastes great!!! No smell!! Tastes great!!)...for a while I was mixing just with water (my wife thought that I was being gross on purpose) but it still tasted great...it tastes even better mixed with milk...drop a small banana in the blender with the shake and you have a real taste treat!!

Weight at Heaviest: 320 lbs. 
Weight at Surgery:
283.6 lbs.

Everyone is entitled to my opinion...

Sonogrrl
on 4/22/12 8:55 am
RNY on 05/22/12
Oh and to add to what Dan (lesserman) said...when u add the banana add some PB2 (with or without the banana). Chocolate and peanut butter, YUM
RNY 5/22/12      27.5.bs lost pre-op      
nightbird
on 4/22/12 9:03 am - Bowie, MD
 I really like the Synthra 6 protein shake in vanilla milkshake or chocolate milkshake.  I also like the Synthra Lean Dessert proteins in chocolate fudge and vanilla whipped cream which has the little vanilla seeds in it....those are much thicker protein shakes.  Vitalady has all kinds of samples of different kind of protein to try.

Good luck. 

Lisa 
TamaraL
on 4/22/12 10:05 am
i cant stand the smells of protien either.  Syntrax nectar's stunk to high heaven to me.

I recently started drinking jay robb and love it.  Normally the only ones i can tolerate is oh yeah chocolate and vanilla.

Tamara

hlacy
on 4/22/12 10:52 am - Chandler, AZ
RTD Premier Protein shakes from Costco in chocolate or vanilla
Jay Robb Egg Protein powder in chocolate or vanilla (no whey smell or taste)
"Keep a green tree in your heart and perhaps a singing bird will come"           

sfranek
on 4/22/12 11:07 am - DE
Pure Protein brand chocolate is great.

Muscle Milk Light was absolutely horrible.

For a little less protein (15g), Carnation Breakfast Essentials w/no sugar added tastes great.

JaneJetson
on 4/22/12 12:24 pm
RNY on 05/07/12
 Muscle Milk is the worst, yet I see alot of people like it, so go figure!
Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 541 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 526 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 414 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 293 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 128 views
Recent Topics