Bloating

Jeanine F.
on 4/25/12 2:44 am - Clifton Park, NY
Hi Guys...I am 4.5 years out and have been dealing with bloating issues that mystify me.  There are times when my tummy is almost flat (like first thing in the morning) and when I eat some foods (not all) and sometimes even when I drink lots of water...I easily look like I'm 8 months pregnant and my belly is hard as a rock!  It reminds me of Braxton Hicks contractions when I had babies, except it lasts for 2-3 hours.  Anybody experience the same and is it just gas or something else?  I'm a bit nervous about this.  Can anyone help and if you get this, what do you do to relieve it.  The culprits (some of them) seem to be white potato or bread(which I rarely have), sugar (which I eat little of, but do sometimes)  Thanks guys. 

Dagne Tripplehorn
on 4/25/12 4:43 am - OR
RNY on 04/06/12
 Sorry, I don't know. But does the swelling seem watery or gassy? If your belly is hard, I'd guess it's gas. Have you taken antigas meds?
Jeanine F.
on 4/25/12 5:14 am - Clifton Park, NY
I have taken some Gas Ex, but it only mildly helps. I'm wondering if I should see the doc and maybe get a stronger med...but I wanted to check here first and see if this is common with our type of surgery.  Thank you for your response.

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 533 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 519 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 402 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 258 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 126 views
Recent Topics