My boss just noticed!

samsander
on 4/27/12 5:20 am - CA
Almost 120 pounds later, my boss casually mentions, "have you lost weight?".

Gotta love them!

Mary SW 273  CW 158  GW 160

(deactivated member)
on 4/27/12 5:24 am - AZ

That's funny! I lost 90 pounds and then gained it all back a couple of years ago. (lost and gained within a year) One of my guy coworkers came up to me recently and said weren't you skinny a while ago, lol. The nerve.

SuzysJourney72
on 4/27/12 6:20 am - Wilmington, NC
I would have looked at him like he had 9 heads and said "uh, no....what are you talking about?!" 

(deactivated member)
on 4/27/12 6:22 am
Oh, that's kinda funny but yes, very nervy! 

I lament because people don't comment on my weight loss so far but I think it's because I've been up and down so many times. It was easy peasy for me to drop 60+ pounds when I was exercising like mad and dieting myself into near starvation. it was just hard for me to maintain it.
Michelle V.
on 4/27/12 6:45 am - Livonia, MI
You should have said - why no I cut my hair

eliana
on 4/27/12 8:57 am
 That is funny! Once I cut my hair quite short, from rather long (dramatic difference, and before I was overweight), and had several people ask me if I had lost weight. Really????

Some people are just operating in their own little worlds and every few months or years, they poke their heads up and look around.

15 lbs lost prior to surgery. 260 HW/ 245 SW/ 160 Current/ 130 Goal!        
BugdocMom
on 4/27/12 12:08 pm - CA
I worked in a lab for 6 years and my very difficult boss noticed everything. He commented when I gained a little or when I wore a dress instead pants or when I put on bright lipstick. I KNOW he noticed everything. I had RNY almost a year after joining a different lab. I would see my former boss in the halls every day and just couldn't wait until he noticed my weight gain... I had the perfect response. Boy did I have to wait! Finally, at about 8 months and 90 lbs down, he commented that I had been losing and asked what I have been doing to be so successful. I smiled and responded, "I'm not emotionally eating now that I'm no longer in your lab..." Then I laughed playfully so he wouldn't be offended and I walked away. That was FREAKING AWESOME and well worth the wait!
SoulLips
on 4/27/12 2:18 pm - Cloverdale, CA
That is INSANE!   I know that some people have told me that they felt uncomfortable commenting on my weight, even if their comment was positive... I wonder if  your boss was unsure of what to say?  Of course, though, they could just be "slow on the uptake"!  I feel very lucky.  My work collegues have been tremendously supportive and they freely give compliments!

Start weight: 306   Surgery weight: 282   Current weight 199.5

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 566 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 351 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 33 replies · 201 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 457 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 372 views