wow i let myself slip

berrixblonde
on 4/27/12 11:57 pm - NY
So here I am 13 & 1/2 months post op, and i let myself go. I had stopped loosing weight for a good 2 months and just couldnt figure out why. Then it hit me, i was not holding myself accountable for what I was putting in my mouth. Apparently, all the ice coffees here and extra nibbles of cookies there added up to a 3 pound GAIN. I never realized how much I was grazing throughout the day mostly inpart to my new reception job where im sitting all day.

I'm still in shock that I let this happen so early out. I technically maintained for those 2 months so atleast i know i can handle maintaining a certain weight but then i just got carried away. Fortunatly, I took off those 3 pounds plus 2 more by eating around 1400 calories a day including a protein shake for added protein.

On a side note, my DR put me on a resting metabolic rate machine and I burn 2,200 calories a day before I even move out of bed or lift a finger. They estimated that on top of that I burn another 700 from lifestyle. So in order to maintain weight I should be eating 2,000 calories a day which seems perfectly fine and normal to me.

Thanks for reading! input is always awesome. I'm sorry i havent been on here much, I was given the chance to speak at my surgeons seminar and I said yes! Still paying it foward!! --Nicole
slashes
on 4/28/12 12:40 am
At least you fgured out what is was and I hope you can now re focus and start losing again. I am also a fan of iced coffees I wrote about them on my blog HERE, but my favorite thing to do is just take my skim milk, a scoop of chocolate protein powder, ice cubes and coffee and mix. It is really good and it helps me not only get in my protein and liquid, but I also get a nice kick - lol.
Now the cookies....that is a different story - lol

Follow My Gastric Bypass Story
This is where I share it all - The Good, The Bad and The Ugly

RNY: 01-23-2012 Weight day of Surgery - 286lbs ~ Weight as of 09-13-2013 164lbs

Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 50 replies · 505 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 472 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 418 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?