Eating more while I am sick

evan_326
on 4/27/12 11:40 am - Rock Island, IL
Okay, so, I am 4 years and 4 1/2 post op and I was bouncing 5 pounds around my lowest weight. I have been home sick for the past 2 days and it seems like I am eating 3 times as much. I have been doing searches about eating when I am sick, do you burn more calories when you are sick, ect.

Does anyone here know if these past 2 days are going to effect the scale as much as it has effected me mentally and emotionally?

I am getting married in 50 days and I hope the dress still fits. I know I have 50 days to lose what little bit I probably gained these past 2 days but, I guess I need some comfort here.....

Any facts, tips, suggestions, or support?

Jamie
sarahmathis1681
on 4/27/12 1:43 pm
RNY on 02/13/12
 congrats on the wedding you will get off the weight before your wedding if u gained any from the 2 days of binging im not sure about the calorie thing sorry just wanted to be supportive:)

http://www.weight-loss-center.net

littleskie
on 4/27/12 2:08 pm - freeport, TX
RNY on 08/19/09 with
congrats on the wedding. Any weight you have gained the last two days, you have plenty of time to lose.

I eat six times a day tho. it's not how often I eat but what I eat. and how much i eat. when i stay away from carbs i lose weight, even plus years out.

mostly i'm concerned with maintaining my weight so i do eat some carbs. i had a hot dog bun tonite with a hot dog and some chili. i try to eat normal because thats why i had this surgery, to be normal.

Met my first goal, met my second goal, met my surgeons goal. Now I have a new goal!

evan_326
on 4/27/12 10:48 pm - Rock Island, IL
Thank you guys. I think I was just looking for reasurrance.

I don't think the 2 days is going to make me gain 50 pounds like I feel lol

I am doing the 6 meals a day. But, the only carbs I eat are my 45 calorie bread when I have a piece of toast for breakfast and 1/2 a sandwich (if that is what I chose) for one of my 6 meals.

I stay as far away from carbs. I am hypoglycemic insullinemic. I know, big words. What it is, I am the opposite of diabetic. I over produce insulin (still producint insulin for a 309 pound person). So, carbs make me bottom out and I have to eat to get out of a low blood sugar in the end-weight gain. That is why I do the 6 small meals. To keep my blood sugars at a happy medium.

Plus, I have noticed when I did eat carbs, they stuck to me like glue :( 

Mary Catherine
on 4/28/12 1:29 am
 There is only one way to find out what the scale is doing and that is to step on to it every day.  Even when it is discouraging to do that.  The longer you stay in denial about weight, the more chance it has to come back.  You do not burn more calories when you are sick.  Staying home gets you out of your routine and leads to boredom and increased eating.  Try to get outside and get a little fresh air.  Even a leisurely walk is better than eating in front of the TV.
Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 476 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 440 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 46 replies · 440 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 379 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 105 views
Forum Search Error & 404