Iron Bisglycinate

Kallen27
on 4/29/12 7:00 am
I got 25Mg of iron bisglycinate from the vitamin shoppe. I'm confused on how many I should take a day. Does anyone know?

poet_kelly
on 4/29/12 7:09 am - OH
Here's a link to an article that talks about that form of iron.  wlsvitagarten.com/2010/11/14/iron-bisglycinate/

I think that is all elemental iron, so that would mean menstruating women would need two or three of those a day and everyone else would need about one and a half. 

However, that type of iron is not absorbed well in us.  Ferrous sulfate is actually absorbed better, and it's not absorbed well at all.  Which suggests you may need a lot more of it than the ASMBS recommended daily iron intake.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Kallen27
on 4/29/12 8:21 am
Thank you! Dang I thought one that was good for us

Kallen27
on 4/29/12 8:22 am
I meant Dang I thought I got one that was good for us!

Kallen27
on 4/29/12 8:24 am
Do you mind me asking what you take,how much and where you get from?

poet_kelly
on 4/29/12 8:40 am - OH
I use Sundown Perfect iron, which is carbonyl.  I usually buy it at Meijer but sometimes get it somewhere else if I can find it cheaper.  I take 75 mg a day, with 500 mg vitamin C.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Kallen27
on 4/29/12 9:39 am
Thank you so much!

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 424 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 374 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 424 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 219 views