Potassium issue

bowlwidow
on 4/28/12 6:42 pm - IN
 Has anyone ever had a potassium issue?  What are the symtems?  Need answers ASAP 

Thanks,

Christy

HW/SW/CW/GW
324/287125/130      

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 4/28/12 7:50 pm - OH
When I was in the hospital for something else, they discovered that my potassium was low.  The only symptoms that I was having was an increased number of "charley horses"  in the calf of the leg that I had the blood clots in (which gets them periodically anyway).  Symptoms of significant  protein deficiency can include muscle cramping and weakness, and/or heart palpitations or an alteration in the heart wave patterns.

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

poet_kelly
on 4/28/12 9:32 pm - OH
I had low potassium shortly after my WLS.  I did not have any symptoms, though.  It was diagnosed with blood work.

Those potassium pills were HUGE.  I mean, they made calcium citrate tablets look small.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

rsassyjackie
on 4/28/12 10:06 pm - MA
 I had really bad heart palpatations and I was extremely tired! My potassium was very low and was put on a liquid for 4 days. Now I am back to normal.

oxfordcat
on 4/29/12 4:48 am - NJ
after my filter removal, my potassium was low.  I was anemic too so i don't know what the symptoms were.  I was just a mess.  I was on dissolvable potassium things.  GROSS.  2x a day.  tasted like salty tang.  

"Something has changed within me. Something is not the same". Elphaba    
Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 477 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 441 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 46 replies · 441 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 383 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 106 views