Suregversary....

Lisa R.
on 5/1/12 11:15 pm - CA
 A year ago today, May 2nd, I was on my way to the hospital to see Dr. Suh about my by pass.

A year later and 104 pounds lighter here I still am.  I would say this is s journey, but to me a journey notes there is an end, and one of the many things I have learned is there is no END to this.  I will fighting the battle the the budgle for the rest of my life.  I have to think about everything I put in my mouth, I still get guilt when I know I may have not been my best.   I struggle to get my activity in. 

It has also been a VERY VERY expensive year.  Needed all new cloths, down to underwear, bras, socks and shoes.  Now that summer is here I need all the summer stuff too.  I have spend endless amounts on protien that I hate, or vitamins that end up not working for me.  But I think I have all that in better control.  I throw away endless amounts of food that I can't finish and no one in my house wants.  

If you are just starting this process, stop and smell the roses cause it goes by FAST.  And before you know it you're a year out!

The question isn’t who is going to let me; it’s who is going to stop me. ~ Ayn Rand        
imgettingfit
on 5/1/12 11:23 pm - Millersville, MD

Congratulations!!!
Height: 5'6" SW: 234 

rachel05
on 5/1/12 11:44 pm - Leesburg, GA
Congrats to you..

You are right in  saying it will be a battle forever.but it's a different battle.it's effortless if you do it correctly. Changing your lifestyle makes it easier. I do not miss any of my bad habits,or bad food. I cannot speak fore veryone,but for me thats how it is.I use my tool,only as a tool...
Lisa R.
on 5/2/12 1:00 am - CA
 You had surgery on my birthday!  LOL

Effortless?  Wow!  Lucky you.  I can't say the same.  I struggle.  I never had a sweet tooth, now it's all I can think of at times.  I have always had an appetite so I have dealt with that too.  I have to weigh and measure everything or I will over eat.  

The weight came off easy....but keeping it off is the challenge.  I worry every minute of everyday about regain, and I find it easy to slip back into old habits to comfort myself.  I'm used to giving up the fight.  So now I have to keep fighting and it's hard. 

I think everyone expects me to regain, I hear it from people all the time "I know X number of people who had that done and they ALL gained their weight back"  Well....I know lots of people who did too, but then I know people who didn't.  I want to be a didn't.  If I want that I have to work for it.

The question isn’t who is going to let me; it’s who is going to stop me. ~ Ayn Rand        
Turtle Lynn
on 5/2/12 1:10 am - New Castle, DE
RNY on 05/29/12 with

Congrats on your weight loss. . . .you have such a great attitude! 

I love that you want to be a "didn't", I want to be one of those too!!!!! 

HW 287, GW 150,  CW 168   ** Band to RNY 05/29/12 **

Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? Join us-Lightweights Board

rachel05
on 5/2/12 1:10 am - Leesburg, GA
Does my profile say my surg date? I cannot get this whole thing down.I'm  as close to cyber moron as you can get..lol

Effortless may be a bit obnixous... I really meant ...easier.. It's been almost 10 yrs for me. Minimal problems. Although I have only dumped 2 times. Funny enough it was 1 time from water..Who the heck dumps on water? this girl right here. I guzzled very very cold water.Never again!! Second time..milk. I begam extremly lactose intolerant post op. Now I can have a bite of ice cream, a sip of skim milk.. Thats it though. I can have reg sugar,fried foods,pasta,bread..You name it I can eat it..but I don't too often. just yesterday I was on the runa ll day. I went through McDonalds and got the little one a yogurt and apples.. I got a small fry..I ate about 6 and gave the rest to the baby.. I could have eaten more,but they are so not worth the chunky thighs..lol
I'm by far the poster child of health,but I am thin and stay thin.Having 5 kids helps me stay that way..lol
Lisa R.
on 5/2/12 1:16 am - CA
 Oh, No it says you have been a member since 7/10/02....that's my birthday.

10 years!  WOW!  Good for you!  I hope I can have 10 years of success too.  I too can eat it all.....but try not to.  That is hard.  

I totally understand what you are saying, that the surgery has given us the hope and chance that we didn't have before.  I think it would have been impossible with out it

fickleme
on 5/1/12 11:44 pm - Bessemer City, NC
Congrats on a successful year... you look fantastic... and I agree the first year is sooo expensive... lol :)
rachel05
on 5/2/12 1:28 am - Leesburg, GA
YUP..You know I still do not shop at regular stores.Goodwill is my best friend..lol
rachel05
on 5/2/12 1:28 am - Leesburg, GA
aahh ok..My surg date is 9/8/2003

I agree 100% about it not being a possibility. it's funny,I just got post op notes from hernia repair. I smiled really big When I saw the one paragraph he wrote.
"Rachel is the optimal example of a post op RNY patient. She has exceeded weightloss goals and expectations. She is thin." Something like that..
I know I'm thin,but seeing it written is just different..
Congrats again!!
Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 539 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 525 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 412 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 277 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 127 views