My gallbladder hates me..

pandabear1988
on 5/3/12 1:28 am

I have not even had surgery yet but my gallbladder is giving me terrible issues. I was crying last night due to the pain and all the hosptal did was send me home with norcodics the last time I went. I figured there was no reason for me to go since they probably would not do anything. I see my new surgeon on the 14th but I do not know if I can last that long.. It just sucks that they don't take it out with the RNY surgery... I will probably have to have it removed before I have the RNY. I don't want to do it before though because they already had to reschedule my surgery due to me having a UTI. What should I do?
Heatherp2363
on 5/3/12 1:31 am
I wasn't having any trouble with mine and they took it went I had the rny
MichelleNC
on 5/3/12 1:32 am

I was told the same they can take it out at the same time as RNY.
Good Luck

Michelle
Did the happy dance onto the Loser's Bench March 18, 2013!

Visit my blog at http://skinnyundermyfat.blogspot.com/

poet_kelly
on 5/3/12 1:33 am - OH
They should take it out with your RNY if you have problems with it.  But if you can't wait that long, then I'd have it out ASAP.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

pandabear1988
on 5/3/12 1:43 am
My doctor does not take it out the same time as the RNY anymore. I don't have many other options for surgeons because my husband is in the military and we see military doctors.
walterswife
on 5/3/12 4:29 am
If it is acting up that badly why wouldn't they remove it at the same time as RNY?   Why would they rather do two surgeries than one?  Our government in action, I suppose.

Hope you feel better soon and get some relief, one way or the other. As someone who had gallbladder problems following RNY, I feel your pain.

HW 240/ SW 229/ GW 146/CW 125; OH Support Group Leader   

Starting size:  18W-20;  Present size: 0 or 2; 5'5-1/2" tall. 
Current BMI 20.4 as of 2/13/2013 (normal for the first time in my life).
Goal weight reached on 8/12/2010; As of 1/13/2013, 21 pounds below goal

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 348 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 380 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 474 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 392 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 7 replies · 36 views