help!

bunnicash
on 5/4/12 4:44 pm - Sedalia, MO
Ok I am a year and one month post op.... Tonight I was eating a hamburger ( more like a couple bites) and had to go puke it up bc it was to dry and felt stuck. Not to be too descriptive..... I puked and there was alot of blood with it. Anyone know why or have had this happen? Kinda scared! :(
  ~ Be the change you want to see in the world                                        Ashley                                           
poet_kelly
on 5/4/12 5:19 pm - OH
Was it bright red blood?  Or old blood, like kind of black?

When you say a lot of blood, what does that mean?  It's hard to tell when you throw up blood, I know, because it's mixed with saliva and stuff so sometimes it looks like more than it really is.  But was it like a few streaks of blood or more like a couple tablespoons of blood or what?

Any pain?  Fever?  Did you only vomit that once?

The big worry about vomiting blood is that you could have an ulcer that could be bleeding.  If you do, you need to see a doctor right away.  Like, go to the ER now.

If it was just a couple streaks of blood, it could be that your throat was irritated or scratched or something, and the blood came from there.  Which is probably not a big deal.

The thing is, it can be hard to tell where the blood came from and like I said, it can be hard to tell how much blood it was.  It's not like we are used to estimating how much blood is in vomit, right?  So the safest thing to do would be to go to the ER.  Right now.

If it was just a tiny little bit of blood and I felt fine and had no other symptoms, I might wait to see if it happened again.  But I"m not telling you to wait.  If you're not sure, you should go to the ER.  Hopefully it's nothing serious, but a bleeding ulcer can be very serious.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 50 replies · 505 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 472 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 417 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 46 replies · 422 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 25 replies · 132 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?