Dessert??

llorii
on 5/5/12 12:07 pm
RNY on 03/26/12
I was my daughters softball tournament today and one of the other parents offered me caramel apple dessert...I of course said no.  She said it was a weigh****chers dish and that it was made with sugar free cool whip, sugar free butterscotch pudding mix, crushed pineapple and chunked apples.  I thought it sounded pretty safe so I took about a tablespoon.  It was amazing..  I really just picked about 5 or 6 little apple cubes out of the sauce but still it was amazing.  Just wondering what you guys think of this as a dessert later on.  At this point, I am still mainly eating protein.  I have added an ounce of veggies once in awhile. It sounds like a really healthy dessert when I actually have room for something other than protein. 

H/W 325  S/W 325  C/W 162 G/W 169 (normal bmi) 5'9"                      

A. C
on 5/5/12 12:40 pm
it sounds yummy - how far out are you? was it on your "ok to eat" list? that would be my only worry, that if you're too early out it could be hard on your pouch (apple skin etc)

otherwise, it does sound yummy lol

HW: 376   SW: 354  

llorii
on 5/5/12 1:00 pm
RNY on 03/26/12
6 weeks monday.  The skins were off the apples and I chewed them to death. 

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 5/5/12 1:22 pm - OH
I am not sure that I would classify it as a "healthy" dessert, but you could certainly do worse.

Just keep in mind that the fruit, especially the pineapple, has natural sugar (which doesn;t bother most people, but does cause some to dump), and that all that sugar-free stuff is probably sweetened via sugar alcohols which can cause gastric distress for a lot of people (some are more sensitive to them than others).

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

Infogal
on 5/5/12 4:05 pm
This sounds like a yummy alternative to caramel apples, which i've really been craving lately, (but have not had one). Would you mind posting the recipe? Thanks
Infogal            
llorii
on 5/6/12 1:26 am
RNY on 03/26/12
I don't have the recipe but I bet if you googled weigh****chers caramel apple dessert you could find it. 

dkwilliams1
on 5/5/12 6:14 pm - AK
my favorite is Quaker brand rice chips Cheddar cheese flavor. I also have 1-2 small almond cookies now and then. I think its all in what your stomach will "allow" you to eat.

dasie
on 5/5/12 7:05 pm
You have to do what you know works for you.  I cannot have desserts of any kind.  I was a huge sweeter pre-op, anddesserts/ sweets are  a weakness and trigger food.  Even if something is SF/FF, if it is a dessert, I will want to eat the entire thing in one sitting.  If I don't eat it all at once, I will eat it all day long.

If you have the self-discipline to eat in moderation, that may work for you as long as desserts aren't triggers for you.

Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 50 replies · 503 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 466 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 405 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 46 replies · 417 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 100 views
Forum Search Error & 404