Frustrated!!!!!

llorii
on 5/6/12 5:48 am
RNY on 03/26/12
I'm almost six weeks out and everything has been going great...up till last week.  I haven't lost any weight all week.  I have read about the stalls but it's driving me crazy.  I've been doing a great job getting in my protein and water...walking a few times a week ect.  Then to top off the lack of weight loss and frustration over that, I went to my daughters softball tournament yesterday and only ate one light yogurt..not even greek...and hardly drank anything all day.  Later that night I ate 2 oz of canned chicken with a few reduced fat ritz crackers and that was it for the day. Today same thing..I've had 5 grams of protein and its almost 4 oclock.  I'm making chicken but there is no way I am going to get in everything I need to in the next few hours.  I feel frustrated even though  I know the stalls are normal.  It doesn't feel normal.  It feels like my weight loss is going to slow down to a crawl and I will never get anywhere near where I want to be.  I'm so impatient to lose the weight.  I've lost 44 but still have at least a 100 to lose and today I feel like that is never ever ever ever going to happen!!!  UGGGGGG

H/W 325  S/W 325  C/W 162 G/W 169 (normal bmi) 5'9"                      

(deactivated member)
on 5/6/12 6:16 am
RNY on 04/18/12
Try to relax a little.  If you're doing everything you're supposed to do, the weight will come off.  44 pounds in six weeks is incredible!  

If you don't think you're going to get enough protein in today, have a protein drink or two and maybe don't bother with the chicken this evening.  At least you'll be close on the protein.

You have to take care of yourself, and getting the protein and liquids in is very important.  And your vitamins, don't forget those.

Be good to yourself.  :)

Bettisima
on 5/6/12 6:43 am
Take a deep breath ... Maybe 3 or 4 of them. I get the frustration I really do. However, weight loss is not linear. It will not be a slow steady downward curve. It typically is stair steps. I have 1-2 weeks a month where I lose, and 2-3 weeks a month where nothing happens. It's how my body adjusts to the changes and while it is said a lot.. It's true... Every body is different.

Now this is going to sound contrary to what we typically believe, but you can stall out your weight loss by eating too little. The body needs a consistent source of fuel. If you eat too little, it adjusts and operates on less. Make sure you get your water and protein in every day. Those items are critical to your success.

Best of luck to you!
boneswag
on 5/6/12 8:03 am
Your going to have stalls.  No one likes them, but it is your body's way of adjusting to the rapid weighloss.  You said that you were getting your liquids and protein in until recently.

I would caution you to continue to ensure that you get that protein and liquids.  If you don't get enough then you body will go into starvation mode and you will not lose as well.  It is important to get the calories your supposed to on a daily basis. 

You have lost over 7 pounds a week for 6 weeks.  That is great.  Give  your body a chance to adjust.  Your just beginning!  Stick to your plan and you will meet that goal before you know it.

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 533 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 519 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 402 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 257 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 126 views
Recent Topics